Beginner
Tregolwyn

Problems logging into BT WiFi using iphone app

Used to have no problems at all on my iPhone and still don't using iPad and various iPods but new iPhone is causing problems. When I try to log in via the app I get a message saying that the hotspot cannot be verified and I can't be connected for safety/security reasons. This has happened so far at every WiFi spot I have tried and they can't all be suspect.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Sage
john46

Re: Problems logging into BT WiFi using iphone app

I suggest you delete all wireless data from the iphone then restart the phone and then try again
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
Luminal

I've got the same problem and it's very frustrating. I'm new to BT so have no experience of anything else. 

I don't think it's a wifi connection problem as I connect to the hotspot fine but if I try to open a web page I get a BTwifi login page that I can manually log in on. After that I can use the hotspot just fine. It's just the BT wifi app that doesn't seem to like me using hotspots. 

I've tried deleting settings in the app and re-entering them and they seem to be accepted but I still get the hotspot can't be trusted message when trying to authenticate to one with the app. 

Distinguished Guru
pottyperson

Luminal wrote:

I've got the same problem and it's very frustrating. I'm new to BT so have no experience of anything else. 

I don't think it's a wifi connection problem as I connect to the hotspot fine but if I try to open a web page I get a BTwifi login page that I can manually log in on. After that I can use the hotspot just fine. It's just the BT wifi app that doesn't seem to like me using hotspots. 

I've tried deleting settings in the app and re-entering them and they seem to be accepted but I still get the hotspot can't be trusted message when trying to authenticate to one with the app. 

I had a similar problem with the previous (BT Fon) app, a bit worse in fact because I simply couldn't connect with the app installed, even manually. Never did get to the bottom of it and just did without until the next upgrade; maybe that's all you can do.

The next upgrade was the current BT WiFi job - I've had no problems with it so far, though I don't use it much as 3G is much less hassle unless in a known hotspot.

You can click the white star next to this message if you think it was helpful.