Contributor
imacken

Re: IMAP servers on BTInternet email?

Yes, as I said in my 2nd post, things changed since the first post. By configuring the account as a Yahoo on the iPhone all the IMAP capabilities started working.
I thought it did as when I first got my BBA phone I set that up using something like imap.xxx.yahoo.com but I couldn't remember what it was.
Anyway, all's well that ends well.....
CraigS

Hi Guys,

I am just going to move this thread to the BB out and about board as could a help a few more people there better thanit can here :smileyhappy:

Thanks, good question and good answer!

craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Contributor
imacken

Craig, you don't seem to have moved the first page of posts!
CraigS

Argh!

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
AJR
Aspiring Contributor
AJR

No this only appears to be part of the story. I have a *****@btconnect.com email address configured on my HTC Hero but as a POP3 account, can this be changed to IMAP, and if so, how?

Contributor
imacken

IMAP servers on BTInternet email?

Can my btinternet.com email address be set up as an IMAP account rather than POP on my iPhone?

Guru
Andy_N

imacken wrote:

Can my btinternet.com email address be set up as an IMAP account rather than POP on my iPhone?

I'm afraid btinternet.com email doesn't support IMAP.

Contributor
imacken

Andy, are you sure?

I say that because since I first posted here I have setup my btinternet.com account as a Yahoo account on the iPhone and it seems to work as IMAP. 

I know because now when I delete a mail from the phone, it deletes it from the server and also, when a mail is downloaded to Outlook, it disappears from the phone.

When I had it set up as mail.btinternet.com this did not happen.  Basically, the phone just downloaded the mails and kept them there on the phone inbox regardless of what happened in Outlook.  Also, deleting mails in Outlook had no effect on the mails on the iPhone.

What do you think?

Guru
Andy_N

imacken wrote:

Andy, are you sure?

I say that because since I first posted here I have setup my btinternet.com account as a Yahoo account on the iPhone and it seems to work as IMAP. 

Doesn't the above answer the question ?

For the benifit of others, how exactly did you set up the account as a "Yahoo! account ?

Contributor
Monterey_Jack

btinternet.com accounts ARE accessible using IMAP, but they don't advertise it. Anybody who's gone through the automated setup on a BBA phone to access their btinternet.com email account can verify this by looking at the account settings in their phone.

Also check out the Zimbra Desktop - that uses (or can use) IMAP to access the whole range of yahoo.com/ymail.coml/rocketmail.com etc accounts - including btinternet.com