Aspiring Contributor
aidy

Unable to Connect to BT Fon following update of Android App to version 3.0.2

I have a Samsung Galaxy phone (i9000) which was always tempremental when connecting to Home Hub 2 (this is well documented elsewhere in this forum).  I am unable to directly connect to the HH but have to use BT Fon.  This was usually OK but a bit hit and miss when trying to connect.

I updated the app yesterday and now have a completely different looking app (v3.0.2).  Now I am unable to connect at all, getting the error message 'Sorry, we have been unable to identify this hotspot. For your safety please try another hotspot.'

I cannot regress thsi change, have reset the router etc. but am unable to connect.  Why would it suggest my own HH is not identifiable??

Any ideas please?

Beginner
bashville

Re: Unable to Connect to BT Fon following update of Android App to version 3.0.2

Same problem!
Aspiring Contributor
aidy

Re: Unable to Connect to BT Fon following update of Android App to version 3.0.2

Hmm, looking at the reviews on the android market a few others are also experiencing the same problem with the new version :smileysad:

Looks like there may be a problem with the app, but as the Samsung Galaxy never could connect 'normally' to the HH2 I now have no means of wi-fi connection apart from a visit to the Golden Arches or similar

Guru
AllanQuatermain

General view that Ive seen was there was not much wrong with the fon app.

What would be really useful is a VOIP app.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

StuartH

Hi Guys

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have passed this issue to the team responsible for the app and they are going to investigate.

Thanks again.

Stuart

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry that we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)
Beginner
bashville

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and now it works. I think upgrading from my previous version corrupted it somehow.
Guru
AllanQuatermain

What phone are you using please?
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Beginner
bashville

I spoke too soon. I had already connected manually to my BTFON hotspot (from the web login). When I launch the app the status goes to "checking internet connectivity" immediately and then it identified my hotspot I.e. if you are not already logged in then the checking internet connectivity fails and then you get the message "cannot identify hotspot". (samsung galaxy s i9000)
Beginner
beardyboy57

i am also unable to connect with the Btfon update following the upgrade. Samsung galaxy S2 had not connection problems before hand...If you go to the Android review section for the new Btfon app EVERYONE is saying they are now unable to connect

Sage
imjolly

bashville wrote:
I spoke too soon. I had already connected manually to my BTFON hotspot (from the web login). When I launch the app the status goes to "checking internet connectivity" immediately and then it identified my hotspot I.e. if you are not already logged in then the checking internet connectivity fails and then you get the message "cannot identify hotspot". (samsung galaxy s i9000)

I am getting exactly the same message. My HTC desire connects to openzone but then try the app and the message same as bashville.  does not seem to recognise it is already connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.