Aspiring Contributor
Peter19

WiFi for Kobo

I have just purchased a Kobo e-book reader and it seems that I am able to use it to download books anywhere using a WiFi connection.

Can anyone who has a similar device please give me any tips as being elderly I think it may be a bit over my head.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Peter.
Swansea.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: WiFi for Kobo

Do you have BT Broadband at home?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Sage
imjolly

do you have bt broadband with a wireless hub?  if so if you go to wifi on the kobo it should show available networks.  select your network ssid and when you try and connect it will ask for wifi password which is normally on your hub.  just enter and it should connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Contributor
Peter19

I am a BTInternet Customer and have a Home Hub.   

I have tried to connect using the Kobo Guide but all of the sites available in the area have a padlock on them and I have to log in apparently.

I have just registered with the BT WiFi service and hope this will help.

Peter.
Swansea.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Can you connect the device to your own home hub ?

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

Aspiring Contributor
Peter19

I am not so much worried about being at home Keith I am thinking more of when I am travelling and was to download a new book.

Peter.
Swansea.
Sage
imjolly

when you look at networks available can you see your own hub ssid and also that of BTFON and BTOPENZONE?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Provided that your book reader has a web browser, then you should be able to use any wireless network which has one of the following names. These will not have a lock symbol next to them

BT FON

BT Openzone

BT wifi

The reason being, is that when you connect to any of the above, you will have to login to the home page, using your primary e-mail address and password.

I have a Kindle, and it prompts me to enter my details when I want to connect to any of the above.

Aspiring Contributor
Peter19

Thank you both so much for your help.  Hopefully alll will be OK.

Peter.
Swansea.
Sage
imjolly

any problem then come back as there is always someone around to help you