Aspiring Contributor
tim11
Accepted Solution

bt wifi login

Hi,have btbroadband opt 3. Can't login to bt WiFi as says user/password invalid but can access mail ok with same details. Also registration page says im bt yahoo homemover? And opted out. If try to re-register always says server busy.
Sage
john46

Re: bt wifi login

Hi the log in is your master BT email address and password
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Contributor
tim11

I already use the master email address and password to access mail so its not that.
Guru
AllanQuatermain

On the Fon homepage, make sure you are signing in/signing up as a BT BB customer, using the id you mention.

When you are signing in, you sign in as a BT BB Customer category, not Fon customer or any other third party.

There is of course the android/apple/blackberry app available which does this auto on a smartphone.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

Aspiring Contributor
tim11

Hi Allan,

I use the same details as my Yahoo mail login but this does not work.

Plus the register for Wifi page always show server busy ! please try later but It's always like this.

Guru
AllanQuatermain

Hi tim11 I will try and simulate this scenario and post back.
AQ.

Distinguished Guru
DS

tim11 wrote:
Hi,have btbroadband opt 3. Can't login to bt WiFi as says user/password invalid but can access mail ok with same details. Also registration page says im bt yahoo homemover? And opted out. If try to re-register always says server busy.

I'd say there's an issue with you BT BB account.

Have you called BT and checked to see if there's a home move note on your account?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Guru
AllanQuatermain

[ Edited ]

OK, I've managed to check my BT wi Fi [Fon] status no problem via the page on the link below. Can you get no further than the error message you mention in your post? If you get stuck here; then I agree with DS.

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/status

AQ.

Aspiring Contributor
tim11

Hi,

Moderator Stephanie Guabello has kindly solved the problem for me, seems when I had landline number changed I was given a new Primary email address even though I continue to use my old one.

So now I can access Wifi with the other email address and a reset password.

Thanks everyone.

Regards

Lazyfist

Wonder if I have same problem try to register bt wifi with yahoo I'd but won't let me