Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
tf
Beginner

Extension for DC power lead for HH 4.0 type A?

I need to site my Home Hub 4 in a location where I don't have an AC power outlet and where it will be very difficult/expensive to add one.  I have run a DC barrel connector extension lead to the correct place for my previous provider's wireless router, and that was fine because it used a standard connector size.  In their infinite wisdom, BT seem to have used something non-standard, and none of the plugs I have fit.  Can anyone point me at male and female connectors of the correct size, or a 5-metre cable with the right connectors on the end, or even give me the dimensions - it looks like 5mm OD / 3mm ID, but I am not confident of those measurements as they were taken by eye.

Thanks.

Distinguished Sage

Re: Extension for DC power lead for HH 4.0 type A?

Why don't you just use a normal power extension cable and just plug in the hub power supply to that?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Expert

[ Edited ]

What you are after is power supply -tips and leads. They come in all sizes and can be made up to suite. Contact maplin Get up the catalogue and go to =power supply adapters.Run down the list dc power plug adapters/power tip connectors.

Guru

Or you could cut the cable and insert a length of reasonably thick twin-core cable. Be very careful with polarity thought.