Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

Hi all, great forum.

I've been reading about the USB port on my HH3 and can't wait to get home and try it out. I've been looking for a cheap NAS drive for a while and in a flash of inspiration wondered what I can do with the USB on my HH. I do have a couple of questions about it though.

I'm using a Fat32 formatted 2Gb pen drive, does the media make any difference (i.e. would a traditional HDD be better)?

Will I be able to see the drive with my Android phone?

Did anyone get the PS3 or XBOX360 to see the drive and stream media?

Are there any drives I should avoid, ones that defintely won't work?

Can I acces the drive from another location over the internet or share a link to a file on my drive with someone else?

Sorry about the brain dump but I'm quite excited (I know, I should get out more) about trying this out and want to manage my expectations about what I can and can't do. Thanks for your time :-)

Distinguished Sage

Re: Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

There is a thread here http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/USB-Connection-on-Router/m-p/339415#M11786

But I think you may be disappointed with the performance. Its best to use a proper NAS device.

=========================================================================================

Polite request to forum members who may have the same or similar problem. Please could you create your own thread on this forum, and avoid hijacking this thread.Otherwise its likely your problem will not be resolved, as it may have a different cause, and it also makes it difficult for forum members, who are trying to help the person on this thread. See How to post a new question

Thanks

Re: Home Hub 3 USB & NAS help.

Thanks for the reply. I've seen the thread, and the page it links to, is this the fullest information onj the USB port's abilities? I had hoped for more info.