Do you mean 
Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Re: HomeHub 3 LAN speeds only 10Mb?

Thanks for that good news.

0 Ratings

Hi guys!

For anyone still reading this thread or who comes across it because they're sick and tired of their HH dropping to 10MB and/or experiencing wireless drop outs/packet loss, I thought I'd share my experience thus far (as well as vent my spleen on BT's nice shiny forums!).

Been experiencing the same symptoms that have been detailed earlier on in this thread, as well as shockingly **bleep** wireless connection. Yes, I've been through the whole turn BTOpenzone/FON off/set the channel manually/used insidder to find a less populated channel/throw the microwave away/place the plasma tv in my neighbours flat 500m away/hang the goldfish from bits of string from the ceiling in an effort to reflect the cosmic rays, 'troubleshooting' procedures (I would mention I work in IT, but that's hardly a credential worth mentioning since technically so do BT's 1st line support!!!)

Anyway, I digress, having reached the limit of my patience (and having been investigated for animal cruelty for hanging my goldfish from the ceiling) I phoned BT tech support having chanced upon this thread. I asked for a replacement router, expressing clearly that I wanted a Type B router, having read elsewhere that those with Type B haven't experienced these issues.

In summary of stage 1, router turns up 2 days later. Type A router. Very annoyed. Try it anyway. Same problems. Switch it back. Original no longer works. Switch it back again. Works. Stuck with new **bleep** Type A router (at least it's shiny new and the fish seem to like it!)

Stage 2. Having got over the euphoria of having a shiney HH and threatening to hang the goldfish from the ceiling again, I phoned BT back and explained, rather candidly, that they'd sent me a Type A router, that I was still experiencing the same issues as before, that I was not surprised by this, and would they please, please, PLEASE send out a type B router, for the sake of my sanity and the fish! Yes of course they would and they'd make sure it was a type B router and I should have it within the next couple of days.

It's now a week later and still no router. The fish are scared. I have phoned BT again and rather curtly informed them of my disappointment. I have been apologised too and told that the incompetent that was working for them, did not do their job properly (no ****!) and did not place the order for the router and that a new router would definitely be sent out and that it would definitely be a type B router. Now, working in IT and to be fair, I understand that systems sometimes go wrong, and so I'm not OVERLY bothered about a missing order! It happens. But god help the fish if it's not a type B router that turns up on Friday!!

IF it's a Type B router then hopefully all of this will go away, but either way I'll update you! If it turns out the Type B router does solve the issue then for the sake of your own sanity (and the welfare of your fish if you have them) get on the phone to BT and demand a Type B router!!

I'll update you in the next couple of days!

Stay patient all (and be nice to fish!)

Marc

Contributor
0 Ratings

Yes please let us know if a type B sorts the issue

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

Ha!!! Nice one Marc...

Mine did it again last night!! Although my fish have been spared from my frusration.... It's the wife who's been dealing with mine - especially when she says 'why do you keep messing around with your broadband? - you can never leave it alone!!!' -  I WOULD IF IT WORKED!!! AAGGHH!!

Yes, let us know how you get on with the type B (if it arrives!!).

Darren

Contributor
0 Ratings

Any updates from BT on this one? Anyone know 100% whether the type B has this problem or not?

0 Ratings

Hey guys, sorry been a tad busy over the last couple of weeks.

So, I won't bore you with anecdotes and tales of goldfish (because they have long since passed away!) but the long and the short of it was, a week later (5 days longer than was promised) I came home to a new router.

A TYPE B router!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Of the HomeHub v2 variety!! BOOO!!!!!

So, back on the phone to BT who tried to convince me that a HomeHub2 would work, despite not actually having an uplink port on it, and being designed for ADSL/ADSL2+ connections!! After much ado about nothing, and tell the BT operative that he was wrong, I was finally put through to his line manager, who apologised profusely and not only offered to ensure that a type B of the HomeHub v3 variety was sent out in the next 48 hours, but that he also asked if I would be kind enough to have my name put forward to assist the HomeHub development team as he is trying to deal with this issue with them at the moment (shockingly it would seem there's a fair few of us out there having the same issue, who knew?!) and that I might be able to give a more clear explanation to the problems given my background in IT.

Having received yet another Type A router 48 hours later, and having heard nothing from the HomeHub development team, I can only assume that this was some clever ruse to get me off the phone and stop me moaning at the top of my voice.

So alas, the fish are dead, long live.......the cisco router which I went out and purchased the next day and have been living in blissful wireless happiness and multiple gigabit ports ever since!!

I shall be writing to complain to BT, and insisting that they refund the cost of the cisco router that I had to purchase to be able to use their product!!

Guys, I'm afraid to say, give up on getting a fix for this or a replacement router from BT that works. I now have 4 homehubs sat at home (one which wouldn't even work with BT infinity to begin with) and it seems there's no end to it. Cut your losses, go out and buy a decent router, and send the bill to BT (of course, I offer no guarantee that BT will refund you the cost of a new router, as I don't work for BT, I'm just suggesting you try it and see what happens!!).

Contributor
0 Ratings

Can anyone of the Homehub team confirm that they've even replicated this problem yet? There's plenty of end users that have been able to without even trying, myself included.

Aspiring Contributor
0 Ratings

This has happened again to me twice over the last 3 days - also got a friend who is having exactly the same problems.

I have been asked by a mod to help gather some stats so they can get to the bottom of this but after saying 'yes' have heard nothing since!!

So... time to talk to India and 'try' and get a Type B HH3.... will let you all know how I get on!!

Darren

Beginner
0 Ratings

Just got my 3B and *@$##! the problem is still there.  After a short indeterminate period in use the Gbit port which I use to feed my switch ( and therefore the rest of my network) drops to 10M, as described by countless writes of this thread only a power reset will bring it back.  I've been in IT since mid 80s and an IT Manager since 94 so I do recognise a piece of kit that doesn't do what it is supposed to when I see it.

As you'd expect I do see a considerable drop in internet capability at these times too.

As I'm writing this it dropped again.  This time it lasted all of 8 minutes - ah well nice one BT!

Contributor
0 Ratings

6 months on no progress