Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is thre Home Hotspot 500kit compatible with the Mini version

It would appear not unless I am doing something wrong.  Recently bought the Home Hotspot 500 kit consisting of a broadband extender and home hotspot because the extender has a passthrough so I thought I could add on the mini home hotspot 500 that I already have so I could create a network of 3.Unfortunately, although I could easily pair the new hotspot that came with the new extender, the mini hotspot did not respond in as much as  that despite  Power button and Wireless being  lit green,  WPS/LINK button failed to do so it is not connected to the internet All that happened was that mini hotspot got very warm after being left for a few hours so I removed it.I thought that as they all come from the same stable there would not be any compatibility issues.Any ideas?

Distinguished Sage

Re: Is thre Home Hotspot 500kit compatible with the Mini version

Does the mini home hotspot work ok with an Ethernet connection?

Aspiring Contributor

It was the one I used before, so yes .I had two set top boxes connected to it that way and the extender to the router 

Distinguished Sage

I mean does it work via Ethernet now if you add it as a third access point, ie. is it just the wireless portion that is not working. Try pressing the reset button on the side of the mini hotspot to reset it to factory defaults and then try again.

Aspiring Contributor

i can't ascertain that now because we are in the middle of having our room redecorated .Hopefully on Wednesday I will be able to tell. I'll try the rest button though 

Aspiring Contributor

that did it , excellent and thank you again

Aspiring Contributor

I have now changed the SSID and password for both hotspots so they correspond with each other 

Distinguished Sage

I would recommend that you give your hotspots different SSIDs, that way you will know which you are connected to. Give them meaningful names like 'Lounge' or 'bedroom' etc. You can still give them all the same passwords if you like.

Aspiring Contributor

ok I will , thanks