Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Beginner
0 Ratings
Accepted Solution

Using a printer with BT Homehub 3.0

I've just changed from TalkTalk to BT. The internet works fine, but on the old set up, I could print wirelessly by connecting my printer (HP 6300 series) to the router by ethernet cable. It won't work with the new Home Hub. Any suggestions??

Hope someone can help.

Chris ADams

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Re: Using a printer with BT Homehub 3.0

[ Edited ]

post deleted by poster

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
Distinguished Guru
0 Ratings

Have you run through the set up procedure of the printer? You will need to change the wireless key to match the new home huh.
(If I have helped you in any way to say "Thank You" please click on the star next to the message. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Beginner
0 Ratings

Thanks for that, but it doesn't work that way, unless I'm missing something. The printer isn't a "wireless" printer as such. It's connected to the router (Home Hub) by an ethernet cable, a method which worked OK with the previous Netgear router, but not this one (the internet works fine, BTW). If I do "Add a Printer", the new router doesn't detect the printer.

Regards,

Chris

Distinguished Sage
0 Ratings

Remember, the IP subnet is different from the Netgear, so you will need to make some changes to the printers IP address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forumhelp (personal website) is back, with lots of useful info for BT home broadband customers..

Beginner
0 Ratings

Thanks for that. I followed your advice (obvious once it's pointed out) and changed the network settings on the printer. Unfortunately it still didn't work - GRRR!

In the process, I did discover how to open the Homehub admin - bthomehub.home doesn't work - you just get a Google search showing the results of other people's unsuccessful attempts. However, if anyone's interested, going into the network settings on your computer gets you the right IP address (192.168.1.65 in my case). So my 2 hrs work wasn't entirely wasted.

Thanks anyway - any oter ideas??

Regards,

Chris

Beginner
0 Ratings

Oops. My last post was based on the fact that 'Add a printer' didn't work. However, I noticed that the printer was listed as being connected to my computer, and I found it on the list of installed printers, completed the installation and it worked. So, please ignore my previous message, except the bit about how to access the Homehub. 

Many thanks. I shall mark this as an accepted solution,

Chris

wjc
Beginner
0 Ratings

I'm having the same problem.  I can't add my printer.  I've changed the IP address and still the computer won't communicate with the printer.  Updated all my software.  It worked fine when connected to my Airport extreme which was connected to a netgear router.  This upgrade ws supposed to be progress.  Any suggestions