Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: 0 Channels Available

Go to solution

I fixed it last night.

went to settings - software info

hit update software & it said something along the lines of completing update & restarting box

when the box was rebooted everything was working.

And a at this point I realised that when I had zero channels the  icons in the settings had been the old BTTV ones.

Now it’s the new yellow ones & EE player is now amongst the apps

Thanks for all your help & suggestions 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

i would speculate that this sequence of events may have occurred.

The IP address that was acquired that did not match the ranges that YouView (or whoever does the  daily overnight check) had for BT/EE. This would mean that the ISP Profile and the TV box presented a “retail” skin with no BT/EE channels and no EE TV player. Subsequently either the ISP data records were corrected or  a different ISP address was obtained and the Box update was in fact a update to the ISP Profile.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

So my symptoms were

Recordings were there but not playable

Impossible to view live tv

You view logo showing instead of bt ir ee tv.

Better keep an eye on this as they're are now 3 reported incidents of software upgrade issues

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

As I mentioned earlier the apparent software update is likely to have been a change caused to the ISP profile due to the ISP address lookup not matching a BT/EE range on the data that Youview accessed which resulted in putting the retail skin on the box ie no EETV  multicast channels no EETV app).  So a data management issue of ISP address likely root cause.  So either the records have been corrected or you have subsequently picked upon an ISP address that is identified as BT/EE.  
My view is Nothing points to a problem with the box software here but rather to a data issue.

0 Ratings