cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Adding Talking Pictures and PBS America yo YouView

PBS America is channel 84 on Freeview;  and Talking Pics webpage says it is available on "Freeview or Youview 82", but I can't get either of them on my Youview. How can I add them?

Thanks!

F

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Adding Talking Pictures and PBS America yo YouView

If its a pro TV box you might have it set up in IP mode where channels are delivered via the Internet and these channels are not currently included in IP mode. 

You will need to go into settings, reset the box and plug in an arieal and set it up in arieal mode when prompted. 

You will loose any recordings made. 

Message 3 of 11

@oldhasbeen @Weerab1983 

Can you get them on your TV, direct off an aerial and not via your YouView box?

If not, you may be in a ‘FreeView Lite’ transmitter area, where these channels are not carried 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 4 of 11

Thanks for the replies

I can get PBSA and Talking Pix on my TV through the arial, but reception via arial is poor where I live.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Why don't you switch between the box and the TV to give you the options of using ip mode and using talking pictures and pbs?

Hopefully more channels will be added soon but it is nearly a year and a half since ip mode got enabled on BT TV.

I had hoped there would be more channels when the EE rebrand happened but I'm giving up hope on that one, but I still have a year of my deal left and I am not sure if I will be recontracting. 

PBS should be on EE TV as it is on Sky Stream so it is available as an IP channel else where. 

Message 6 of 11

@Weerab1983 EE TV only carries the"Now" channels (Sky branded channels, predominantly). PBS isn't listed on my channel guide amongst the Now channels.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

@SoupDragon57 

Discovery? Netflix? Prime? Eurosport? TNT?

So, given that there exists an IP feed of PBS, EE TV could perfectly well carry it, if the will to do it, and the agreements necessary, were in place, I would have thought.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

The channels you see on EE TV boxes are all multicast.
The channels on Sky Stream are unicast.
The presence of a channel on one platform doesn't mean anything for other platforms - either technically, or contractually.
Message 9 of 11

@Midnight_Voice Very true..., But Discovery is a throwback to an old Entertainment package, TNT is the JV between BT and Warner Bros Discovery (with Eurosport as sister channels). Prime and Netflix are OTT services available on Youview boxes.

The key here is whether EE will come to a commercial agreement to add more Freeview channels to the IP service. I wish they would! It's all going to have to go that way at some point as Freely is just around the corner...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@SoupDragon57 

I think Freely will have about the same restricted set of channels as EE’s IP Mode.

Everything I have read so far rather tiptoes round this, but if anybody imagines Freely is going to pick up the terrestrial broadcast Freeview channels lock, stock and barrel, and render them over the internet, I think they are going to be disappointed.

But I would love to be wrong here - anyone able to contradict me?

0 Ratings