cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

All features of Samsung tv

Would anyone know how to get all features of my tv working off my EE box please? If I turn on EE box then it also turns on my Humax freesat box but the AV won’t move to watch EE box so then I have to get the tv remote to change it and get the freesat remote to turn that off to get the EE box working, bloody nightmare.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: All features of Samsung tv

The EE box uses the same remote codes as the default codes of the Freesat box. This means that both the EE box remote and the Freesat box remote will operate both boxes whenever you use either of the remotes.

Fortunately, the Freesat box, and its remote, can be changed to use different codes, so that the EE box's remote will only be recognised by the EE box, and the Freesat box remote will only be recognised by the Freesat box.

If you are using a non-original Freesat remote, then this will mode change is not possible, and you will need to obtain a genuine Humax remote for your Humax. Genuine Humax remotes are usually easily identified by the word "Humax" on the front of the remote in large letters.

See https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/using-more-than-1-humax-box-in-the-same-room.6008/post-78262

To quote:

Multi Code function HDR remote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revealed exclusively to Hummy.org members.
If you are using more than one receiver in the same location you can change the remote control frequency so that the remote control commands do not conflict.

This is relevant to the following Satellite Products,
Foxsat HD, HDR, HDCI 5000, HDR-1000/1010/1100S, HB-1000S

Also relevant to the following Terrestrial Products,
HD/HDR-FOX T2, HDR-1800/2000T, FVP-4000T, FVP-5000T

1. Switch on your TV set and the Humax product that you wish to change the remote code.
2. Make sure that the other Humax product that you do not wish to control is in Standby or powered OFF at the mains.
3. Point the remote control towards the remote control sensor of the target receiver.
4. Press and hold the 0 and OK buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds until the PVR button on the remote stays red.
5. A message will appear on the TV screen:

"You can change the remote control mode.
Press a Numeric Key (<1> ~ <6>) to select the mode
Current mode: Mode 1."

6. Press a NUMERIC button (from 1 to 6) to select a different mode.
7. A message confirming the change of Mode will appear on screen.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: All features of Samsung tv

The official Youview guidance on handling remote issues  between Youview  box remotes and other Humax  devices is at

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/stop-youview-remote-controlling-other-humax-b...

that gives the guidance to set the other Humax device remote to work off code set 2 but  numbers 3 to 6 can be used.

0 Ratings