cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Box Pro

Hi,

I received my BT Box pro yesterday. I've not got round to setting it up yet, but was wondering if I can use the BT TV app on my firestick instead ? Is there anything on the BT box that I can't get from the app (other than perhaps recording programs) ?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Box Pro

The BT TV app only provides you with access to the TNT Sports channels, AMC, Discovery, a small selection of catch up content, and all of your box set / movie purchases.
The majority of BT TV subscription is delivered through the Now TV and discovery+ apps.
The Freeview TV channels are only available on your BT TV Box - not through any of the apps (though other apps are available for some of them).
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

OK, thanks, I've got a smart tv so can access the freeview channels through that.

Can I get the discovery+ app on the firestick ? If so would I use my normal BT TV login or is discovery+ something extra that I need to pay for ?

I really just wanted it for TNT Sports/Eurosport so just wanted to see what else I could access.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If it's just Sport you want then yes - the discovery+ app on your Fire Stick will give you all you need.
You need to create/activate your discovery+ log by going to www.bt.com/mybt and then select Your products. You should see a tile there to activate.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

OK, thanks for your help, I'll have a look over the weekend and see if I can get the discovery+ app added to my firestick

0 Ratings