cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT/EE TV Box Pro - Controlling Volume of AVR whilst in Surround Mode (Not using eARC) - Solved

Go to solution

Straight away I should add that this fix will cost a tenner or so depending on what remote you choose to get to replace the BT one as this fix is in no way possible with the shipped TV Box and Remote.

I wanted to post something concise based on a rather messy thread I started where the guru's here helped solve my issue. I have seen quite a few posts asking why volume controls are disabled when the box is in Surround Mode, a couple by me and some others, the fix is actually quite simple. Or at least more to the point, when in Surround Mode why cant the box use one of the HDMI control features to adjust volume on an attached AVR.

If you are like me and run everything into your AVR first and then there is one HDMI going to your TV, after you enable surround sound on the EETV Box Pro the volume controls on the EETV Remote will be disabled, so you'll be grabbing your other remote for your AVR, recent research has shown that having multiple remotes has been the highest cause of divorce.

The solution is to get your self a new remote which can be programmed to control the BT TV Box along with your AVR, I was pretty stupid not to actually see this and for some reason I assumed that because the EETV remote is bluetooth that a 3rd party remote just wouldnt work, because how do you pair it.....? It was pointed out to me on here that the EETV Box has an IR receiver and will work with an IR Remote, even the older BT TV Remote.

Got myself an One for All URC1240, you need to get a remote that can control multi devices, not one that will just do one, the 1240 can do four but I only needed two. This model was super cheap, like 11 quid....

The working BT TV Code for the EETV Box Pro is: 4031 (You configure the SAT Device Button to this)

Then you will need to configure your AVR to the AMP button in the same way you did the SAT as per the device manual instruction leaflet. Also in the instructions there are steps to lock the volume controls to a certain device no matter what primary device you are controlling, so I set this to AMP. Now when I am using SAT everything works on the EETV Box Pro as normal but when using the volume controls these control my AVR via the earlier configured AMP.

Sorry mods for posting a separate thread about this but I hoped it might help people who have asked this question before locate the information which a more appropriately labelled subject.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT/EE TV Box Pro - Controlling Volume of AVR whilst in Surround Mode (Not using eARC) - Solved

Go to solution

Solved

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings