cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT TV Box Pro recording

Go to solution

Hello

The only problem is that  ever since it started the box seems to have a mind of it's own as it records programs which I have not set to record.

I think this may be linked to a problem I had initially when I was twice subscribed to the Asian mix when I had not done anything - I stopped this problem by setting up a payment pin.

I think the problem may be a remote control issue.  I have a remote for my Samsung TV and a remote for a Humax freeview box and I recollect there was some request when setting up for remotes to be paired - could it be that one of these remotes is doing something to the BT TV Box Pro when it is being used on the Samsung ?

Any ideas / help would be appreciated

2 subscbes 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT TV Box Pro recording

Go to solution

The Pro Box will also respond to the Humax remote, so that could be the issue. When you're operating the Humax you will also be sending the same commands to the Pro Box. If you check the documentation for the Humax, there may be an option to set an alternative remote control set that won't clash with the Pro.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Ian999  as @rbz5416   has explained the Humax remote you are using will also control the Box Pro so  hopefully you will be able to change the remote code that your Humax box uses.

See

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/stop-youview-remote-controlling-other-humax-b...

In those instructions  substitute The Box Pro for The Humax Youview box. 
[ie power off the Box Pro when you are changing the remote code for your other Humax box.)

If it doesn’t work then checki with Humax support for your other Humax box as to whether it supports a change of remote code.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for this and getting back so quickly.

It seems to have worked.

I have put a few more details as to what I did in my reply to Zulu 17 which may help someone else with the same problem.

Thanks agai

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hello

Thanks for this info and the quick reply

It seems to have worked.

For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem following the you view link, would just mention that I had to have 3 goes pressing turning on + off plus pressing 0 key and OK key together for the message to come up.

Thanks again

0 Ratings