cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT TV PRO box not coltrolling TV volume or on / off

I have a BT TV PRO box, and i'm trying to get it to control the volume and on / off on a modern SHARP android TV. I understand this is done via the HDMI cable.

Home + 9 or + 7 does not work, even if I switch the TV HDMI control on.

There seems to be no option on the BT TV box to do this.

I even tried pairing the TV remote to the TV by bluetooth. After finding out that home + 1 makes the remote discoverable, the pairing starts but fails.

Surely with such a modern TV this us possible?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT TV PRO box not coltrolling TV volume or on / off

If on the Box Pro settings you select under connected devices Bluetooth Remote is the Control Volume and source set to Set top Box or TV  ? and is the Connection Status showing as connected

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Set to TV. Connection status is connected.

I even changed the HDMI kead and input to TV, but still the same.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The Pro Box remote is both bluetooth & IR. The way it works is the Box interrogates the TV over HDMI to identify what it is, then deploys the appropriate IR code to control it. Unfortunately if that fails, there's no manual pairing option.

This can be problematical with many TV brands now being manufactured by third parties. So for example the TV announces itself as a Toshiba but it's actually been made by Vestel, so Toshiba codes may not work. No idea what the recent history of Sharp is but I know that in the USA at least, they licenced the brand name to Hisense.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to tell whether the Box has identified the TV & if so, as what. So you can't tell if the handshake between devices has failed or if it's just sending the wrong codes due to an ID mismatch. It might be worth trying a few more HDMI cables. Other than that, you may be able to use one of the older Humax remotes, as they also work with the Pro Box & can be manually paired using codes. No guarantee though.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

OK thanks for the advice!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Another thing possibly worth trying is a maintenance mode reset of the Box, using the option to keep recordings.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Hi,

I tried the reset both using the box buttons, and using the menu, but no joy.

I did however get hold of a youview remote which did, albeit using the code from Vestel (2811), as the Sharp code did not!

Solution found! Thank you so much! It is a great box, but not being able to control the TV was bugging me!

cheers!

Phil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

... & you've gained the missing "stop" button!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Wonder if anyone has any insights to pairing the EETV box pro to a Panasonic 2023 model.? This is made in Turkey so it's probably a Vestel.

Going into settings on the TV to pair Bluetooth devices the remote is identified by the Bluetooth in the tv as it states BT RC412 and it's MAC. On highlighting it with OK it then states pairing, connecting and then couldn't pair. Does this mean that it can't find the code for the TV?

Interestingly, the TV is switched on by using the EE remote but then doesn't switch off. Would that be because it's using an IR code? Why then doesn't it switch off with an IR code?

Also if the EE remote is switched to control volume and source on TV, that has no effect on volume or source on the TV

If i need to source A You tube remote which do i need and where's a good place to get one please?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

@dephead2004 

Sounds like another case of mistaken identity. I'd guest that the TV is being turned on by CEC over HDMI, but has the wrong code set for IR control of volume.

One of these from Ebay should do the job:

rbz5416_0-1704460130423.jpeg

0 Ratings