cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT TV Pro Box without subscription?

Go to solution

Thanks for reply. Yep, I have done all the things you mentioned prior to posting, and will continue to monitor 'offers'. Can you confirm that you do need a current BT/EE TV subscription to be able to continue watching the free IP delivered channels? 20 quid, or even 10 quid a month is a joke just to watch and occasionally record a 'council' tv channel considering I already pay a pretty penny for my full fibre 500 broadband. Anyway, as a business, BT/EE can charge what they like, but I will be out if this is best they can offer. Already binned Sky for charging 15 quid per month just to record 'council' channels.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Yes, 100%. 

Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@wellfan 

£7 will barely buy you Netflix alone. I don’t know why you haven’t got an aerial, or can’t have one; but if you had Sky, then you should be able to get Freesat.

For catchup, a one-off £30 or £40 will get you a Roku or Firestick with every app you could want; or you might find you have the apps on your TV anyway.

But, unlike the Freeview or Freesat channels, the IP channels aren't just ‘there’; it costs money for BT/EE to provide them, and to provide the equipment on which to watch them, which is reflected in the £20.

You also seem to have forgotten, or glossed over, the £15 a month you pay for the ‘privilege’ of watching the BBC, whose careful husbandry of that income is well known.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Feel better after that? WTF?

I got the answer to my specific question, so no need for any of your stuff as you know absolutely nothing of my present situation other than what I shared on here. You just wanted to be all smug and superior.

Anyway, for your interest, I have no aerial as I am surrounded by hills on all sides. I do have a recordable Freesat in another room, as I did in this room prior to BT, I do have a Smart TV, and Firestick and Roku 4K stick.

BT TV box having a bluetooth remote enables me to control the box from my bedroom as connected via splitter and HDMI cable to bedroom, so can watch recorded stuff in bedroom.

I merely asked about recording facility on the BT box after contract end, and got the answer. I would have paid the charge to  keep the box, or bought a cheaper used one if the recording feature would still be available.

I will merely have to use my other unused Freesat recorder in place of BT now, no big deal, just need to reinstate the wiring and switches and magic eye.

But as I do not intend telling my life story, that is enough for you. As for TV licence, so what!

Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Thanks!

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@wellfan  Hiya, there is an IP delivery version of Freeview available now called Freely. It's is subscription free but is just in the early phase of it's launch. That could be worth looking in to buy it looks like you'll need to buy a new TV that has the software built in... 

There's also Freeview Play. You can download an app for that for Android and iOS but I don't know if you can cast and it won't have any recording facilities.

0 Ratings