cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT TV Pro restart

Go to solution

I'll add a couple of posts to keep things separate.

Can BT add a "restart box" menu option to the BT TV pro box. The solution to so many issues is the traditional turn it off and on again but to do this, I have to go to a cupboard, get on my knees, pull out a plug on the back of the box, hover and hope I can plug it back in again and press the power button to restart.

Almost every other device I know has either a menu option or a long press to restart the device.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT TV Pro restart

Go to solution

I believe if you hold the BT button on the front for 10 seconds the box will perform a soft reboot - I can't test as my Pro is currently reconrding but read it before.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Tested this few hours later once recording had stopped and yes I can confirm that holding the BT button for approx 8 seconds on the Pro STB will initiate a soft-reboot.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for checking, it's a start at least, though I'd still prefer an option to do it without getting off my backside:-)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
You're welcome - if you believe I have resolved please mark the thread as solved.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'm not sure this is a solution but suspect I'm going to have to raise a call for a faulty box. Every day, the box loses connection, pulling out the network cable and replugging works every time which suggests a DHCP issue but I'm certainly not doing this every day and losing recordings while it's down.

0 Ratings