cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: BT YouView Box deleting scheduled recordings

Just checked on the scheduled recordings I set yesterday and two of the Channel 5 programs are only going to record one episode, despite me setting them to record the series. I've double checked that the series runs next week and beyond, and it does.

I deleted them, then tried to re-schedule to record the series. Despite several attempts the box will not record the series, only the next single episode.

I'll give it a few more days then try a hard reset of the box.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

I've had this happen a few times, most recently series links for Legends of Tomorrow, CSI Vegas, The Diplomat, Murder in the First and Dragons Den. All recordings were SD and recorded at least one episode. Also on alibi nearly every show will only allow single episode recordings with the series links not working at all.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Another update.

Was planning a soft reset, but having turned the box off, and back on again I failed to carry out the next step in time. On checking, my scheduled programmes have returned.

It took a while for them all to reappear, but they got there in the end.

Didn't happen when I turned it off before!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

All my original programmed series are back. I didn't do anything. Just switched the box on one day and there they all are! Very strange.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

A very similar problem happened on my BT box in the last week.  First of all every scheduled item disappeared, I re-scheduled some of them and then a couple disappeared.  Finally realised that even though I selected "record series" it was only scheduling the next episode. I restarted the box and all the original schedule was restored, even a series schedule that I had deleted before I noticed that there was a problem.

The only other event that I can associate with this problem is that I restarted the BT router around about the time the problem first appeared.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

One thing to be aware of when looking at this problem is that YouView boxes only ever show the next entry for a series you have set to record. And once you have recorded that, the next entry pops up. But not before.

This explains some, if not all, or what is described in earlier postings.

If you want to see a more complete schedule, at least for the next two weeks and possibly beyond, look at the schedule in an EE TV app paired with that YouView box.

[Edit] Just checked, and I’m not sure the app is doing any different from the box any more - just a single entry for each series is showing. But it does say Series, at least.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

On my box both the scheduled recording page and the EPG show the selected scheduled series with concentric arcs behind the red recording indicator in order to distinguish it from a single recording.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

One way to check ahead on a Series record is to press Info for the next episode actually showing then select Search and look at the Coming Up tab.