cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT shuts me out in the middle of trying to fix BT TV

BT TV as never worked properly here. Error messages that don't appear in the list of recognised errors, won't work on Android devices, can get MY BT to work on Firestick, and other things.

Had another attempt to fix it last night. Got a message saying that I had made too many login attempts. (I hadn't, just switching between two different BT accounts.)

Now, this morning, get an email from BT saying that I can't use My BT at all. Have to jump through various hoops to get my access back.

No sign of the text message they claim to have sent. Nor the promised emails.

Try ringing the 0800 number that came up in the middle of this process, and, guess what, get offered a list of options, none of which relate to the problem in hand. System then says that there is a long queue.

Another victory for BT's hopeless system.

Is there any magic way around the system for urgent issues?

Been using the Internet since it was invented. No one comes anywhere near BT for incompetence and dreadful customer support.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT shuts me out in the middle of trying to fix BT TV

The system doesn't just make these errors up @michaelkenward - if it says there have been too many login attempts, then they've happened - either by you, or someone else.

Multiple login attempts across different accounts from a single source will also trigger additional protection against bots trying to hack accounts.

I can help you with your issues though, by at least preventing you from trying things that won't work.

Please send me a DM with the BT account number that you're trying to use the services of, and the BT ID (usually an email address) that you think it's associated with.  I can then advise next steps.

0 Ratings