cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BTTV box not connecting to the internet

I'm at my wits end. I have a BTTV box, had for 8 years, not an issue with it at any point. Then this week it wouldn't connect to the broadband. I contacted BT who said it ws the router so we reset the router, was given instructions on how to 'fix' the connection to the bt box. I've had ethernet cables in and out, turned power and cable plugs on and off, reset router (when actually my phone and laptop are connecting perfectly fine (totally reliable for the 8 years also. I 've tried every combination, sought BT advice, been in the help pages and now having as a last resort tried resetting factory settings on the box have zero tv at all now! This has been going on for over a week with me trying to sort it. I'm not technical but I do work for an IT company so have sought advice there and from BT directly but this is one issue I can't resolve. Having done a factory reset it's suck on broadband can't connect....so I'm totally at a loss and no tv whatoever now. Brilliant. Please can I get advice. I saw a similar issue in 2019 reported by someone but I can't find that now. I can only think it's a hardware issue but without help I'll not be able to resolve that and my conversations have left with me to resolve and I cant. Help please....anyone 🙂 Thank you.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BTTV box not connecting to the internet

Which model box?

First step is to isolate whether the box or the hub is the issue. If your laptop has an ethernet port, disconnect the WiFi connection & see if you can connect using that. If not, maybe your TV does.