cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Is there someone who can tell me who is responisble for NowTV on BT?

I've had this issue with live Sky Sports HD streams on my Youview box for years now. I took the issue to NowTV, but they are now saying that they are only responsible for the NOW app and not the stream provided through the EPG. I tend not to use the NOW app and view Sky Sports via the EPG - so who then is reponsible for that - and if it's not NowTV, then how do I raise the issue formally?

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

@stevetucknott 

BT are responsible for the channels in the EPG. They may investigate and decide that the issue lies with Now, but in that case, they will need to liaise with Now and get it fixed.

BT TV customers should not be asked to raise this issue with Now, and nor should they raise it with Now off their own bat.

While this issue is ongoing, you are reminded that the Now app on your YouView box carries the same live Sky channels as are in the EPG, although perhaps less conveniently presented, devoid of subtitles, and unable to be recorded.

But, unless reported otherwise, not suffering from the pastellisation of the EPG channels.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 91

Go to solution

Ok - Do these issues raised here get escalated to BT as such then?

This issue is years old on here - if BT don't monitor these forums, then are they potentially unaware of the issue?

Do you know what  the route is for reporting EPG/third party issues to BT?

@DarrenDev 

Are you BT? If so do you know if BT are aware of this issue? Is the issue on a technical log somewhere and is being investigated?

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 91

Go to solution
These boards are monitored by the relevant teams, but not always replied to (depending whether anything useful can be added). DarrenW chipped in for a while, to get further details.

In this particular case, everything went quiet for many months (calls to the helpdesk about it stopped too) so the issue was closed as no longer reproducible (assumed fixed elsewhere).

I'll get it reopened. Can I please confirm - is it only Sky Sports that it is being seen on? That's all I'm seeing mention of now. Also, does it only affect the HD versions? And I assume only Humax boxes (not the latest Pro or Mini boxes)?
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 91

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

For me the issue occurs via the EPG on SKY Live Sport broadcasts in HD. SD does not seems to be affected.

I don't normally use the NOW app on Youview, so can't really say if that has the same issue or not - and I can only comment on the Youview box that I have (which I assume is a older Humax - although I notice from comments here, changing the box also didn't always work).

My problem (reading this thread, others have similar but differing isues) is intermittent, but typically occurs once per game (I typically only use Now for live football). The issue happens when watching a live Sky Sports HD stream and there is an ad break. On return from the ad break to the live feed ,the stream seems to briefly stutter (and there seems to be an audible click) and the picture changes to monochrome/purple/geen. The colour can be restored by changing the Youview box's 1080p/i setting to its opposite value and then rejecting the change).

Watching the stream in SD is OK in as much ast the picture is not changed, but you still get a stream stutter and audible click.

From what you've said then - your tech team had multiple reports of this? What did they find? I went quiet as this thread  seemed to get no reply - so I then went to Now and spent nearly two years talking with them - who then said as the issue is in the EPG. it's your problem. Maybe others went quiet because they got no feed back?

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks @stevetucknott - your issue describes the exact scenario that was raised: the picture changing after an ad break on a Sky Sports HD channel.

Can you please provide your STB serial number, so that I can obtain the relevant detail about your box?

If you're also able to provide a date/time/channel for when it last occurred that would be really useful, or you could add that detail on here again when it next occurs.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 91

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

The SN is 077329 1423000566

The issue isn't in the signal affecting the TV - as I can be on Youview Sky Sport HD, then switch back to the TV (ie change TV input) and watch that for a while - and if the issue has happened while on the direct TV feed, the colour is still affected (ie it is the Youview box that is affected) when I switch back. AFAIK the colour change does NOT affect the stream itself - as recordings are fine when played back. Whatever the stream change is, it seems to just affect the output of the STB to the TV.

It happened this weekend - but I'll be watching Spurs tonight, so I'll see if it happens during that game.

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 91

Go to solution
Thanks for all the detail. I've added it to the reopened ticket.
0 Ratings
Message 79 of 91

Go to solution

No problem with channel 440 for me last night. I won't post for each live event (in my case EPL game), but I'll keep a log of when it happens (and on which HD channel).

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 91

Go to solution

Sod's law. This hasn't happened while I've been watching since. Given that it was intermittent, can this be left open for a couple of weeks of so - as I only tend to watch the live football at a weekend?

0 Ratings