cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution
No worries - it was a few months of inactivity before the issue was closed last time.
0 Ratings
Message 82 of 91

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

Hi,

I had this issue with the old youview box. I just upgraded to the new BT Box Pro and the issue did not appear all weekend during cricket, football and F1. These all had issues the weekend before with the old box.

I did have to renew my contract which wasn't my original plan but the box was free and BT are offering a deal on the VIP package which means I will now be paying less!

The new box is much better, the menus are fast and on demand reliable. Fingers crossed it stays this way, but no doubt the Pro box is a lot better than the old Humax DTR units.

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 91

Go to solution

I feel like a fraud - the issue was still occurring at the start of this EPL season, but I haven't now had a problem for the past 3 or 4 games....
I'd be interested to know if the other users that reported this are still seeing the issue.

Edited to add: I have had no change of kit or set up. Still using the same Youview box connected to the same TV in the same way. So the issue would appear to be in the feed.

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 91

Go to solution

I had the same problem and have reported this a number of times. Even had an Openreach engineer around who said that he hadn't heard of the issue, but he couldn't explain it when I showed him some video, I had taken of the issue happening. However, the issue has not happened to me for a while......BUT.......NOW.......after my YouView box goes to sleep at night and wakes up in the morning the "grey green and pink hues" are apparent on all channels. I have to pull the power out of the box and reboot. This fixes the problem and the set is good all day.......until the next morning!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 91

Go to solution

...still haven't had this happen again.. EPL is back this weekend with two or three games, I'll report back after that.

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 91

Go to solution

Well, it seems to have been fixed. I haven't had this for the past few weeks. I still get a click on sound when the transmission changes from ads to live, but the picture remains perfectly ok.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 91

Go to solution

After the update yesterday, today when I got up the BT box was all a pink hue all over screen. All other sources are fine. 

Removing the hdmi cable and reconnecting fixed it rather than a power cycle. Will keep an eye on this. 

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 91

Go to solution
I get this occasionally on my Samsung 2015 TV. Putting either the TV or TV Box Pro into standby and turning on again fixes it every time. Mine only occurs when I turn on the Pro box, and let it turn on my TV. If I turn on the TV first, it never happens. I've assumed it's a timing issue with the HDMI negotiation.
0 Ratings
Message 89 of 91

Go to solution

Tv is also Samsung. 

I powered off and on via remote a couple of times and still had the pink hue. 

I'll keep an eye on it. Not a worry right now 

0 Ratings
Message 90 of 91

Go to solution

Ive been having the same grey green pink issue since last November and I am now on my 3rd box that did it again last night. but i think I now might  have solved the problem I went into the setting on my LG tv and went onto the HDMI Deep Colour optimise  the 4k option was ticked as soon as i turned this off the picture on the BT box went back to normal  without turning the box off and having to wait for hours for it to reset it self. so far so good I am an ex BT engineer who used to work on BT Vison when this was first released and never thought for one minute that it was my TV causing the problem if this problem is as common as it seems you would have thought that the helpdesk would know about it and advise to check the settings

0 Ratings