cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Can I can cancel ee tv ?

Speak to citizens advice, they may have some leverage with companies.

Think about using Freeview with now TV on an app and the ad version of Netflix. 

For now tv on a 6 month deal and Netflix with ads, and a cheaper broadband provider you'd be paying a fraction of the price. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Sorry that you've not had the best experience with our helpdesk @Jjesso - we can definitely help you out, by allowing you to downgrade your subscription. Please give us a call again - I can only assume bad luck with the previous agent not understanding the process. If you still don't get anywhere after calling again, please email me at tv.apps@bt.com and I'll get someone to help you.
Message 13 of 17

He made it very clear that i am in contract the only thing he could do is lower all my tv packages getting the bill  to 91. I didn't accept because I'm sick of being mugged of by companies it's not right to charge me 25 more than you charge other people for my package. Yes prices rise little bit by year, bu5 to be paying the same for broadband and TV  as your for gas and electricity is just plain wrong

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

If you're having issues paying your bills, then we can help.

If your issue is just that you're annoyed that others are paying less than you, then I'm afraid that's just how the world works - every company is the same. Incentives are offered to attract new customers, and sale prices are offered at certain times of the year.
Depending on the offer, it may be possible for you to switch to it and accept the contract extension - you'd need to either try ordering it online, or call us.

You've taken a premium broadband package with some premium TV services. You could be paying less than half what you currently do, simply by switching to cheaper products.
Message 15 of 17

I suppose I'll just have to stick to it then I suppose I've only got to get to next march. But next time i take deal I researching hell out of it.

Also no it's not just that I just don't see why I can't just get rid of bt tv. I just don't get what I'm paying for when you exclude now tv netflix what hell am paying £56 for ? It can't be the box as your suppose to return that.

If I was sober of alchol I would never had took out bt tv I simply don't need jt
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

You're paying £30 for TV, which includes:
- NOW Entertainment Membership (RRP £9.99)
- NOW Cinema Membership (RRP £9.99)
- Netflix Basic (RRP £7.99)
- discovery+ Basic (RRP £3.99)

You're then choosing to pay an additional:
£10/month for a multiroom subscription
£6/month for HD and 4K
£9/month to upgrade your Netflix to premium

The extras can all be cancelled without penalty.
Message 17 of 17

Others are not so lucky.

Debt has torn apart families, made people end their own lives, pushed others into extreme poverty that they have never recovered from, made others entirely homeless and caused untold misery and hardships to other people in many other ways.

It's not a nice thing to gloat about. No matter how many other accounts of yours say so.

If you want a cheaper package, then drop the extras like was already suggested to you.

But please don't you dare go on to gloat that you have 20k of debt without consequences, when other people have lost their entire houses and livelihoods over it. Especially not during these times when a lot of people have to rely on the food banks.

How do you know that other person is not paying hundreds of pounds more in rent than you are? That cheaper package might be the one thing that is keeping them just above the edge of poverty. You don't know.

We should be in this together, not gloating over others or getting jealous of them when they are paying for something less than we are.