cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Discovery+ app now on Youview DTR4000 box

Only just noticed it today.  When did that happen?  Not yet had a chance to try it out and see how it compares to the app on my Chromecast dongle.  The biggy for me is does it support the same up to three hour chase-play of live coverage?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Discovery+ app now on Youview DTR4000 box

Well that is a bust!  Just hangs with "Waiting ..." whatever I try to play.  😞

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I now also have the app on my T2110 BT Youview box but app dont look as good as the Discovery+ app on my Amazon Firesticks. 

Just like ITVX app on Youview there is no live TV guide with in the app but at lest Discovery+ has come to the box.

Think I will keep used my Amazon Firestick for the Apps. I dont have any sports package.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Power-cycled the box and the app now working OK.   I am guessing the activation process corrupted something in the transient memory used by the app.

First noticeable thing that is better than the Chromecast dongle app is that you can REW/FF by up to 256X rather than just 16X which makes it less of a faff moving to the actual start of an event skipping over the excessively long pre-show borefest.

Message 5 of 13

@ney if you scroll down to the bottom of the main screen and click on the aroporiate channel link you can watch it live from there 

Message 6 of 13

It was released overnight on the 23rd.  Boxes should pop up a notification at some point to indicate that the app is now available.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I wonder if that coincided with my AV receiver popping up its own update available screen when I first fired up the system for the evening and the app notification timed out while the receiver was updating itself?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Is it me or is there no way to put subtitles on Discovery when used through the DTR4000 box ? 

The usual subtitle button on the remote says something like "function not available" if you press it and i cant find anywhere in the menus to turn it on. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@batchwafc unfortunately discovery+ are unable to offer subtitles on older TV Boxes.  It's a limitation of those older models - the same reason that Now TV also doesn't have subtitles on them.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Not strictly true as iPlayer on the these older boxes allows you to turn on subtitles. Were there is a will there is a way so I am thinking it is more that there is not the will.