cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Discovery more questions than answers

@Wanya039 one of the Devs has mentioned on here before that the Discovery+ app for BT Sport customers will be some time in the New Year as Discovery are integrating BT Sport into the Discovery+ app in the same way Eurosport is. 

Discovery+ direct subscribers will then have the option of Entertainment only or Entertainment+ Sports

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

I hope the BT version is not blocked in any way.

Direct Discovery+ subscribers to 'Entertainment +Sport' have the sport section blocked out when the app is used on Sky kit.

@NigelB72wrote:

@Wanya039 one of the Devs has mentioned on here before that the Discovery+ app for BT Sport customers will be some time in the New Year as Discovery are integrating BT Sport into the Discovery+ app in the same way Eurosport is. 

Discovery+ direct subscribers will then have the option of Entertainment only or Entertainment+ Sports

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

But still I pay for entertainment add on and discovery is not available only offering vip upgrade 

The JV is with bt sport and Warner/Discovery not NOW TV just seems a bit strange that as a loyal 

bt costumer paying 

big sport package/now entertainment/HD add on doesn’t gain access = £56.99

but a entertainment package alone £6 gains you access to discovery and this is a package that has nothing to do with bt sport 

Message 14 of 27

@GarryJ We have the same, Entertainment with BT Sport & HD/UHD as add-ons. Discovery & Discovery HD are both working fine on our Pro tv box. I’ve recorded a programme already this morning and it played back fine. Eurosport & Eurosport HD have both been recordable for a couple of weeks now too.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

I’m in the same position as Wanya039 (Big Sport plus Entertainment add on) and completely agree - it seems ridiculous that we don’t get access to this. It would seem that you can’t have all sport and entertainment options with Discovery without having to pay for Sky Cinema through the VIP package. I seriously hope that someone from BT can confirm that Big Sport subscribers are going to have access to the linear channel shortly (as launched today) when Discovery + launches.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Might as well put my opinion in.  I would have liked the option of having the Discovery channel and its sister channels as an additional add-on. For example an extra £5.00 a month and you get them all.

I do like Eurosport in the winter for the skiing but I'm not subscribing to BT Sport just for that.

I  currently subscribe to Entertainment only and can confirm the Discovery channel is there and working

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Just seen on bt website entertainment deal is now over and now charging costumers £18

and all other packages have added £1 to the deals including big sport that doesn’t seem to include Discovery https://www.bt.com/tv/add

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Yeah, Eurosport been working for a few weeks, just tried the discovery channel again, same message, need to upgrade your package, then gives you details of the VIP pack, did check for updates on the pro box, but said all updated. We have BT Sport as our main pack with entertainment and HD as add-ons, not sure if that would make a difference as the eurosport channels are working fine.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

@GarryJ If BT Sport  is your main pack then I think that explains why you’re not getting access to Discovery at the moment. We have Entertainment as our main pack with BT Sport as an add-on.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

I suspect @GarryJ  it is because your addon is considered to be a ”Now Entertainment Membership” .So it’s that content (ie Now entertainment channels) that you are adding to your base TV pack.

0 Ratings