cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Does the EE TV Box Pro use the internet to stream live channels?

@Joe15 

I went to look up Fibre67, and it’s not even a BT service, it’s an EE service, and it’s just good old Fibre to the Cabinet in a pretty frock 😛 And EE are contrasting it with copper/copper, aka ADSL, which nobody who could choose FTTC would go for…

In principle, 67Mbps will support 4K HDR with Atmos, and a video conference call at the same time (as long as you are just joining it, and not trying to host it!), as each can be done within about 20 Mbps. It’s 4K that uses the bandwidth, by the way, HDR and Atmos being very small add-ins to that.

But I’d arrange for both to be over Ethernet, as WiFi speeds can fall off quite steeply in the home with distance, whereas Ethernet hardly drops any speed at all.

I don’t know, though, why you think advanced TV technology is compelling users to depend on broadband. It’s actually quite the reverse; the advanced TV technology is, for the first time, making it possible to watch live TV without an aerial, which a small but growing number of people want to do, and haven’t been able to do until recently.

Except, that is, by using apps, siloed by broadcaster, and very cumbersome and inconvenient.  The whole point of IP delivery of TV is that it doesn’t look like an app; it emulates OTA. You might as well rail against Freesat, which has been another way to do it for a good while now.

I could call you nomadic, but I don’t know where, or when, or how far, you are travelling 😢 (I’m sure you meant another word, but what it might have been escapes me).

But as for interdependence, you are thinking like somebody buying a car, and expecting to pay one price for it, and get the fuel thrown in. But of course, that’s unfair on low mileage drivers.

So you are paying one price for the  ‘car’ (the broadband, where you can go Rolls-Royce or Skoda) and another, or others, for the ‘fuel’, what you want to consume over your broadband. Even EE has a range of prices, depending how much or how little content you want, and what sort.

Anyway, as you say, you have already chosen EE. But I can at least try to make you feel better about your very wise choice 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
Message 12 of 13

@Joe15wrote:

Yes, sorry about that.

I asked the question in both threads because I wasnt sure who would answer.

But both threads had reverts and then more questions arose.

Should I delete both of these threads?

Sorry again.

I don’t think you need to delete stuff but you are an EE TV and EE Broadband customer and @DarrenDev , @Midnight_Voice and myself have answered all of these questions already on the EE community.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 13 of 13

@Joe15  You are welcome to post in this BT retail forum and the EE community. As you had already ordered the product(s) from EE rather than Bt retail issues with that order and as there are some differences in the products offered from the two companies (both owned by BT group) then possibly directing the enquiries to EE  community would have been  best.

On this community there are many customers using legacy EETV boxes and on legacy EETV packages,  there are also customers who have moved or migrated their broadband from BT to EE and taken new EETV packages who may have questions/issues around how BT and EE  handle the transfer.  Ie stuff you don’t need to worry about with your new EE contracts.

anyway welcome to the communities .