cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

EE TV Box Pro not loading BBC iPlayer or BBC Sounds apps

Go to solution

A warning to anyone ordering a new EE TV Box Pro in the UK. Ours arrived on Saturday and I set it up but, every time we tried to play either of these apps which were showing on the apps list, the box reverted to the TV channel. Eventually I had a protracted online chat who told me that my EE TV package did not include these apps so I couldn't access them! I explained about the TV Licence giving access in the UK but the agent didn't know anything about that - clearly abroad. I supplied details of my TV licence and eventually was put on to another agent who helped us reset the box (a two person job needing three hands!) and it now all works. I wouldn't be at all surprised if all the TV Box Pros supplied to the UK have the same missing apps.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: EE TV Box Pro not loading BBC iPlayer or BBC Sounds apps

Go to solution
It hasn't nothing to do with your account or your TV licence. Your box simply had a fault that was fixed by a factory reset. It is also possible to reset with only 2 hands - you have a few seconds after turning on the power to press the buttons.

Sorry for the experience you had with the helpdesk - they're not supposed to deviate from the information they're given, which would never have asked for anything related to TV licence.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

The first person I spoke to really didn't understand about TV licences as I stated. It was very frustrating indeed. Re reset, we were told to hold in reset button whilst unplugging and replacing the cable and, within 3 seconds, also holding in the EE  button on the front. That's 3 hands.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

It's all very well what you state about the helpdesk, but that was not what I was originally told by the agent, as I previously stated. She said I wasn't entitled to watch those apps as it wasn't part of my package with EE. That was when I mentioned my TV licence. It shouldn't be necessary to have to go through these hoops to set up a new TV box!! We're not all tech experts!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Agreed @wendylois it shouldn't have been necessary, and I can only apologise. Some agents choose to go rogue and ad-lib rather than following the information they're given.

0 Ratings