cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

EE tv IPC6023 message

Go to solution

My EE tv box won’t show any live channels (only EE test page and apps). I get the  IPC6023 message. I have done all the resets and switching on and off. I have had two home visits and the latest decision is to pass the problem on to Openreach. Can anyone explain what the problem might be and how it will be resolved.  Incidentally my Wi-Fi is fttp and is working perfectly.

The EE technician who visited today was unable to say what was wrong or how long it would take to be fixed.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: EE tv IPC6023 message

Go to solution

It means your box isn't receiving the required multicast packets to display subscription content via the EPG.

That could be a number of things but for starters, are you using a BT/EE Hub & if so, have you tried connecting the box directly to it by ethernet?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi there, thanks for the reply, my tv box is connected to the EE router by Ethernet cable. I have changed the cable and even tried having the box connected by Wi-Fi only, but nothing made any difference.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

You need someone in the EETV team who knows what to check.I don't know if regular CS can put you through.

@DarrenDevmay be able to assist if he's around.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
I'm really sorry that this isn't going the way it should - a home visit should never be necessary for IPC6023.
Could you please call the helpdesk again and demand that the case be passed to the TMC. They'll then involve Openreach only when they've confirmed that they're needed, and TMC will provide specific details on what needs to be changed.
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks very much for your reply, I will contact them tomorrow and try and get the ball rolling.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @swilli4711 , thanks for raising the issue. I'll drop you a PM to get some details and give TMC a hand if needed.

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks David I got your PM and will reply when I get back home

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi folks. Thanks to @swilli4711 for raising the issue appears to be fixed after an overnight network switch reset with multicast traffic appearing in all the expected places. We'll continue to monitor to make sure it stays that way.

Cheers

David