cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

EETV & most channels slow and glitchy

I’ve just switched from Sky to EETV. I have the full package including fast broadband, sport movies etc. 

The whole system seems to be so much slower and clunkier than Sky. It takes 5-10 seconds to switch between channels, TNT Sport glitches every minute or so, anything on any of the apps (ITV player, All 4 etc) impossible to load. 

is anyone else experiencing the same issues? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: EETV & most channels slow and glitchy

hi  @tr7676 

That is not a normal experience wrt to  live glitching and the app content.

Just to clarify is this on the  TV Box Pro  and is this connected  via Wi-Fi or directly to the hub.

Any error codes appearing ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Yes, it’s the Pro box. It’s connected via WiFi (about 4m away) with the WiFi being 100mbps download. There are no error messages at all. 

Another example this morning, ITV Player (via the box) not being able to load/play anything.  

Via the settings, the box appears to have good WiFi signal and I have tried a factory reset already. Any help appreciated before I contact BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

First thing would be to try an ethernet cable to rule out WiFi issues.

Are you using a BT Hub?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes, it’s the new BT router that was supplied. I’ll have to purchase a longer Ethernet cable to troubleshoot but that won’t be a permanent solution moving forwards as it’d have to run across our lounge. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

No, but if it works you then know you either have to solve the WiFi issue or possibly explore powerline adapters to maintain an ethernet connection.

In the meantime it may be worth turning off  auto channel selection for the 5GHz band in the Hub & selecting a channel other than 36. Ideally use a WiFi analyser to check for the least congested channel.

0 Ratings