cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Help please NowTV etc

Go to solution

I have had little but disappointment since joining BT a month ago.

After putting my life on hold to try and have them sort out their shortcomings I thought it was done yesterday.

I have the package with entertainment, should I be able to watch film box sets on NowTV on a TV that is not directly linked to the TV box, I can't.

I am now utterly disillusioned and would be delighted to leave BT or EE (who I have never liked in recent history).

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Help please NowTV etc

Go to solution
When you ordered TV, you would have received an email asking you to set your Now TV password. Once set, you can then log into the Now TV app on any other devices that you can install the app on, and watch content included as part of your subscription.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Darren, 

My main question is do I actually have access to any boxsets.

The only ones on NowTV are for movies and I cannot access them on my entertainment package.

I endured an hour and a half of online chat this evening with BT and the pre and post escalation staff variously showed me a package summary stating 300 boxsets included (I can count 33 that I can't access) or wrote "you can watch films on TV through your TV box".

Please Darren can you or somebody please point me to whatever boxsets I might have access to.

Right now I feel duped, let down and cross about how much of my time BT have absorbed not sorting out their own mistakes.

I hope someone can help.

Jon

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Films are films, regardless of how they're grouped. An Entertainment pass does not allow you view films.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your terse response.

Any idea where the boxsets that I am looking for might be?

I am new to BT and just looking for help, not looking to be treated like an idiot.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@Jondi 

Now is divided into several separate content memberships - Entertainment, Cinema, Sport and Hayu. (There is also Boost, but that membership just enhances the others; it has no content of its own).

Movies come under Cinema, not Entertainment, so you will need to subscribe to the separate Cinema membership additionally if you want to watch these box sets. Just like Entertainment doesn’t give you access to Sports either, and you have to take that separately if you want it.

Hopefully, you can subscribe month to month on EE TV for Cinema; it’s not a 24-month lock-in.

We always subscribe to Cinema for a month over Christmas; the rest of the year not so much.

That’s on Now direct, though. Hopefully you can do the same or similar over EE TV. It’s not advisable for EE TV customers to subscribe to a membership direct with Now; it’s doable, but it plays merry hell with your logging in and out.

Note that I’m saying exactly what @rbz5416 was saying, except with added detail and sugar on top 😛

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Jondi 

If you open the Now app on your TV box the initial Home Screen  will cover all the Now memberships.

I believe you have the Entertainment membership so the sections that will have the content relevant to that membership will be TV Shows. And Kids.

Movies would be for those with Now Cinema membership 

Sport would be for those with Now (Sky) Sports Membership 

Hayu would be those taking an extra Hayu subscription.

So if you select TV Shows you will see the content , typically NOW will promote and also group content into genres or the channel they relate to. Normally if you scroll along to right on these lines  you will see at the end a View All which gives a larger selection 

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Perfect, thank you Zulu. Your explanation was just what I needed and very unlike my expectations from BT.

Greatly appreciated.

Jon

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Midnight-Voice, thank you for your courteous, knowledgeable and helpful response.

I will look at the adhoc option.

I really found the sugar sweetened version much more palatable 😉