cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

How to series record all of MotoGP

Hello,

I'm very new to BT, I have a BT Pro Box (YouView).

I would like to record all of MotoGP, via a series link for all races, I.e. it include the FP's, QF all GP races.

I was with a previous supplier that could do the above, however being very new to BT, how do I accomplish this on the BT Pro Box? 

Happy for all the episodes to be saved on the box as I'll watch and delete as necessary. I just want the easy function and assurance that all the MotoGP will be recorded if I'm not able to select the episode to record.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: How to series record all of MotoGP

I suspect that you will need to setup a series record for each of the channels that the  live MotoGP  content is broadcast on.

So whilst the majority of the live content would be on BT Sport 2 HD there will be some content that gets bumped onto other channels. For example look at the Portugal event the current schedule suggests that the Saturday morning Free Practice 3 will appear on BT Sport 5 HD channel.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I have never seen any MotoGP coverage bumped off BT Sport 2 in all the years BT Sport have covered it. Is this a sign of the tennis / cycling hegamony of Discovey / Eurosport coming into play?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@gomezz Looks like it is a current schedule clash with cricket from New Zealand (ODI v Sri Lanka) on the Saturday morning. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Not sure they have got their priorities right there. Would be different if the cricket featured England.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

This did not answer my question.

I do not know how to set up a series link for the MotoGP 23 season. I would assume that the BT Pro Box can understand that if a program on BT Sport 2 HD says Moto GP in the title and new, it would record it.

In any event, I went ahead and tried to create a series link for MotoGP from FP1 on Friday 24th.  What I have found this morning is that the series link did not pick up all the QF sessions, nor the new Sprint Race on the Saturday 25th. They're not shown to record on the EPG nor the recording schedule.

Therefore, does this mean I have to set up a series link for each of the MotoGP sessions/programmes, sounds a little strange to me if so? Hence my OP question, how do I set up a series link for ALL new MotoGP episodes for 2023 season. Thanks.

Removed the solution, as it is not a solution to what I asked.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

First thing is that the EPG info only goes seven days ahead. So as of today you should only see the Friday and Saturday sessions as marked to record.

Second thing, which is what I now realise is what may have misled you, is that on a Youview box the upcoming timer screen only shows the next programme due to be recorded for any given Series Link. You need to go into the EPG and look at all the programmes you expect to be included to check that they are indeed marked to be recorded. A real hassle, I agree and a dumb design decision by the Youview developers that goes all the way back to year dot.

The third thing to be aware of is that BT have a habit of changing broadcast times around and in the process instead of amending existing EPG entries, delete them and re-add them meaning they are no longer included in the Series Link. You need to check the state of play every day to avoid being caught out.

Edit: Ah! You have been checking the EPG.  That means it is the other reason which is sloppy work by the BT Sport person resposible for setting up the Series Link.  Either sloppy, or more than one person doing it with different ideas of what should be included in the Series Link.  Personally, I would like one Series Link for the races, one for the quali sessions and another for the free practise sessions (and one for the post-race Chequered Flag).

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

For what it is worth I did set up a series request this morning (Sat 18)  selecting the first FreePractice session at 9am on BT Sport 2 HD on Friday 24 March.

That has included so far  the Live Free Practice and Qualifying sessions broadcast on BT Sport 2 HD and the Saturday Sprint race .  So as expected  for the 7 day advance schedule.

The BT Sport 5 HD coverage is not included under that series record and would require a separate record request to be set up as mentioned in my original post.

0 Ratings