cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Misleading free multiroom on EE tv

Yes well I ordered EE TV via BT (07/12/23)but seems as a BT customer I Don't GET THE FREE MULTI ROOM OR THE 6 Months FREE Apple TV ?

UNBELIEVABLE - SHOCKING ACTUALLY AS FALSE ADVERTISING FOR SURE.

I had BT TV for a short period but gave it up following numerous issues with it all the codes & not actually getting wot was included so I jumped to sky stream £83 uhd  all  bells & whistles dearer but that's not wot I expected price wise for everything that vip had plus more vis sky ..

But I really do like the BT/EE TV layout hence why I've ordered it again but I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake as not everything is about cost but quality of products.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Misleading free multiroom on EE tv

I can't see any false advertising on the BT website - https://www.bt.com/tv

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

So you think it's acceptable to offer the new EE TV as it is allover the place saying free multi room but it obviously doesn't include new EE TV signed up via BT then?

So you are saying that it's acceptable to have some features for EE TV customers but not the same level of offer for BT customers tempted by the new offerings?

I was trying to say that the  product is available to new EE TV customers (which I am)with free multi room as a major player for sales but because I have BT broadband I'm excluded from the free multi room?

I didn't realise it's a 2 tiered system inspite of the huge fanfare of the free multi room which I think would be a huge pull for many families and more so this time of year with Christmas TV but also as it's very cost affordable option over the other big TV  multi room offerings. 

I value all input & opinions.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I understand it's confusing, however the offer is for TV from EE. I'm surprised BT.com allowed you to still order TV from BT - I'll check with the team about the plan for that.
There's nothing to stop you moving to EE for TV and broadband though, at which point you'll be eligible.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I've ordered the EE TV as bt sends me to there ee landing page.

That's NOT GOING TO TO Solve THE ISSUE THOUGH....

I Shouldn't HAVE TO MOVE OVER ITS CLEARLY WRONG ILL PUT UP WOT TRADING STANDARDS SAY WHEN THEY RESPOND.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

You've been provided with an explanation @roger4269, and you've decided to reply with shouting and aggression. That doesn't help anyone.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Good morning absolutely no aggression at all I made something mistake and didn't take the capitals off accidentally because I've got borderline personality disorder I'm not good with symbols and thing's but that aside it's bt & ee at fault not me.

Infact I've a long running account problem that's been ongoing from October I should have left BT then but I thought I'd give them the opportunity to resolve the issue but there incapable of doing so.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Re: Misleading free multiroom on EE TV

Hi @DarrenDev 

I’m a BT Broadband customer, but not a BT or EE TV subscriber, and I’ve just tried the route such a customer, wanting the TV service, might follow:-

IMG_1237.jpeg

So I choose Already have BT broadband? and get this :-

IMG_1239.jpeg

which doesn’t of itself say either EE or BT TV, but which, if I understand you correctly, you were surprised appeared?

And while it might be a stretch to take this:-

IMG_1238.jpeg

which is only accessible from the top option, New to BT or EE? (Which might be better as New to BT and EE?), it is described as EE TV, where, certainly at the moment, EE TV from BT and EE TV from EE are different, and the difference may escape some people.

But I do think you are going to have to sort the multibox thing, if only to resolve the pricing disparity that will mean you always have two Pro box EE TVs going forward, as well as the Apple TV box EE TV.

0 Ratings