cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Multiroom On Disc

Hello, does anyone know if using the BT multiroom box  used with a WiFi disc is supported. 

Have connected the multiroom box via Ethernet to a BT WiFi disc. All is well with apps and streams 1080p flawless with no issues. However when watching live TV via BT sport or now tv channels the picture will pixelate. You have to change channel and it’s fine again. 

I have connected an iPhone to the disc and checked via the App that the phone is connected to the disc and always get around 400Mbps on speed test.

I have not read anywhere that it is supported this way but it will stream 1080p Netflix for hours with no issue. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Multiroom On Disc

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@jas20001978wrote:

I have not read anywhere that it is supported this way but it will stream 1080p Netflix for hours with no issue. 

It's not officially supported but yes, It does work fine when connected.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thats good the only issue I am running into is when watching streamed live channels from the EPG. After around 30 minutes they start to pixelate. A quick change of channel and all is well. 

Might reset the Mutiroom box and see if that helps at all.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Re: Multiroom On D

Yes @-Richie-  it can be used  but @jas20001978  is experiencing some issues when viewing the live channels with pixelation  so as it is not officially supported is there any advice that the community can give him ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I had mixed results connecting a BT TV box via Ethernet to a BT WiFi disc. In my case the Mini Discs. Generally performance was ok, just occassional and slight glitching. Really struggled with BT Sport Ultimate though. I gave up in the end and just connected my BT TV Pro box directly to the HomeHub via wifi. Hasn't missed a beat since, even for 4K HDR sports. In theory, the BT discs just about work, but as above, not officially supported. Whereas BT TV Pro to HomeHub is officially supported. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

how do I actually connect to a disc? It seems that when I look for the WIFI connection I can only connect to my main Hub?

Colin,

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@zulu17wrote:

Yes @-Richie-  it can be used  but @jas20001978  is experiencing some issues when viewing the live channels with pixelation  so as it is not officially supported is there any advice that the community can give him ?

Hard wired for best performance, a service Qube will do for a small fee, BT will also offer discounted powerline adaptors to BT TV customers.

0 Ratings