cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

NOW TV App on BT Pro Box - not retaining login details

Hi

I used to subscribe to NOW TV via my BT account as an add-on to my BT (EE) TV package. This was ceased over a year ago.

I now have a NOW TV membership obtained direct. When I use the NOW TV app on my Pro Box I can enter my new NOW TV login details and my membership details/access are fine. When I swap from the app and go back again my login details are not retained and instead I am logged in with a User ID (MYNAMEnn)  which I assume is a hangover from my membership via BT TV. This membership has no content access (as expected, it's not being paid for).

It is a serious pain having to log out/login again using the TV keyboard especially as my password is complex/long, and it can take many minutes, especially if a typo has been committed.

Is there some way I can remove the redundant linkage, or persuade the NOW app to retain my new login details?

Thanks

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: NOW TV App on BT Pro Box - not retaining login details

Yeah I've come across this same issue since cancelling Sky and using my Pro Box as my main box again. I've given up with it and am using my Apple TV for Now, I'm guessing it's about trying to get you to subscribe through them.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Have you signed out of the old account via the gear wheel?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Hi @rbz5416 

Yep, have to sign out each time the app is started in order to enter my live account details.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Hi @tweetSPORT
Yes, I could use another streaming device but at the moment I'm out of available HDMI ports on my TV. Hence wanting to use the BT Box.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

There is obviously an automatic link somewhere that needs breaking, there is a NOW team that works at BT that deals with NOW stuff....they might be able to help, not sure how to get through to them as it was handled as part of my complaint I had open.

I have had NOWTV Sports for years and of course had my own username, I used the app on my Apple TV. When I took delivery of my EETV Box after BT had taken ownership of my account I just watched NOWTV via the planner in IP MODE, IE Sky Sport channels. I never logged into the app at all, no need to, if I wanted any re-run stuff i'd use the app on my Apple TV but 9 times out of 10 im using the planner to watch live channels. One day I did open the app for some reason on the EETV Box and notice that my username was my name with some numbers after it. Considering I never did this I can only assume it happens when the box initially sets up and it checks your subscriptions you have with BT.

It must be coming over the internet, I wonder if you factory reset and setup in aerial mode whether these login credentials would auto populate back, further still if you factory reset then setup in aerial mode and ensure the box had no internet connection surely they wouldnt populate either. If they are auto populating after a factory reset then there is some redundant link still which is associated with your service or box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@naylor2006
Thanks for that, I'd rather try to find another solution before I try a hard reset of my Box - there are a few programs recorded that I'd rather not lose.
I suspect that the app would re-populate once the internet is applied - I seem to remember that it did this when my Pro Box replaced my HD Box a year ago even though I was not subscribing to NOW via BT at the time.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Sorry about that @gavin7 - your subscription was removed, but your line was still connected to your Now TV account.  I've now completely detached them - could you please check again?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

In which case then you have confirmed there is a link to your old sub like I thought, @DarrenDev  has fixed it now anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Hi @DarrenDev 

Yep that seems to have fixed it, I'll double check that it's OK by powering the Box off/on later but I suspect it'll be fine.

Thanks very much.

PS how did you identify my BT account? Didn't think there was a link between Community logins and BT ones?

0 Ratings