cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: NOW TV via BT TV - subtitles

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice 

Now I'm confused as @gomezz said he tested it on Sky News, but pause has never worked on live Now channels.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

@gomezz said Sky Sports News, though I don’t know if that makes any difference.

And as far as I know, the SUB button has always worked on the Now channels in the EPG.

So we are talking about the Now app on the Pro, or other YouView, box here. Where - my turn to be confused - I can’t see how to toggle subtitles on and off for the live channels in the Now app, except by going into an On Demand programme, where you can toggle it, and then going over to the live channel, where the setting will persist, at least.

Is that the only way, or am I missing something?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Just checked Sky Sports News also but again, being a live channel, Pause doesn't do anything & nor does Sub. But @gomezz did say it was using the app. The only thing I can think of is that Sky Sports News was transmitting a previously recorded program at that time.

It would be really useful for @NickBS to clarify exactly what's been fixed & how.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

So Nick posted a sfollows -

"Good news - subtitles are now available on the Now app on all EE TV boxes. Let us know if you have any issues."

So to me I don't see where the confusion etc lies, he clearly says on the app

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

@rbz5416 no need to press pause to access subtitles, try using the up arrow (above OK) on the Pro remote. This works for me for on-demand and for live streams via the NOW app on my BT Pro box.

Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

@garybs29 

The Now app shows both live and on demand programmes.

We get subtitles now via Pause, on On Demand programmes, but you can’t pause Live programmes.

Thats the conundrum to be solved, though @BillyM may just have solved it.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

@garybs29 @BillyM @gomezz 

Up arrow works even on my T2110, to give the choice of various options, including Subtitles, in both Live and On Demand.

So that’s how you do it on Live…,

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Would have been good if they had also introduced  pause/rewind of live TV in the EE TV Now app when rolling  out the subtitle fix. That is really desirable  when watching sport by the app.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

@zulu17 I don't understand?  Isn't Now TV a streaming service and not Live

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

@zulu17 

That's why up until recently I used a Now/Roku stick, as that was one of the few devices to support pause. But I was under the impression that pause was supported in the EPG multicast stream? At least Now list the BT boxes as supported, but my sub is direct with Now so I couldn't use it. But I've just bought  a new Samsung TV & the app in that supports pause, so the stick is now retired.

@mairetheresa 

The Now platform also carries Sky Sport.

0 Ratings