cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Netflix Freezes.

Does anyone else get a problem with Netflix freezing after 2mins into a programme. I was watching the series Witness number 3 and after 2mins it would freeze, I would have to go out of the app back in wait until it stated and skip the first 2 mins and watch from there. It even did it after I watched one episode and I let it continue to the next one and it froze after the 2mins.  My Netflix is not through BT but Netflix direct. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Netflix Freezes.

I’m having the exact same problem. Read online that doing a factory reset would fix it. Annoying as I then need to redo all my settings, favourite my channels etc and it deletes all my recordings, but I did it anyway. Seemed to stop the problem for about a week but has now started doing it again. Really getting angry as I only just signed up to BT last month and it doesn’t even work properly… so far I’ve only noticed it in the Netflix app but that may be because that’s basically the only app I use.
Hope someone can give a better solution to fixing the problem
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Chowie  It is annoying I only just renewed my contract. Took out Netflix via Netflix . Now found out there won't be any red button on TNT sport. Should have gone with my gut instinct and switched to Sky Stream . BT seems to be going down hill. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I have had the same since I got Netflix on my BT box 1 month ago. Every time a new programme or movie starts, 2 mins in and the picture freezes and the sound continues. Have to go back to home menu, flick to something else and then flick back. Soooo bloody annoying. Been on the phone to BT twice and chat twice, they have reset the box and tried alsorts of things. They tried to blame it on the fact I only have SD subscription and not HD. That shouldn’t be anything to do with it as the app works fine on my fire stick,  smart TV, phone and laptop. 

they have even sent me power line adapters, so I can hard wire the bt box, but that’s no good as it is plugged into an extension lead and they won’t work!

didn’t have any problem with sky or virgin, can’t wait to leave BT!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes mine does it too - Exactly the same 2 mins in. Ethernet connection to router, 150meg speeds and HD enabled.

Its the BT app, it doesnt do it through netflix via my TV or Firestick

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I have the same thing. Moved to BT in November. Haven't tried resetting the box but judging by the above it doesn't work anyway.

Doesn't happen when I cast Netflix to my chrome cast from my phone, or watch on my laptop, so definitely the app and not the connection!

Would love to hear from BT RE a fix for this!

0 Ratings