cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 24

New youview box supplied. BUT.

I had a replacement T2100 youview box  supplied  about a week ago.All seems to work OK .I always get atmospheric interference,heavy rain is a nightmare,usually on the BBC & ItV CHANNELS.On my old box i could for instance go to the BT sports channels & there was no interference at all same on a few of the other freeview cxhannels.I could go to  the Iplayer or my recordings  & get no interference,but not with the new box the sport channels  ,my recordings and iplayer along with other apps,all breaking up & really unwatchable,so what has changed in the new box.The sport is now TNT & bt tv is  EE i believe so have they changed something to make this happen.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24

Re: New youview box supplied. BUT.

The sport channels and iPlayer are delivered over the internet. There haven't been any changes on our side for a while.
How is your TV Box connected to your BT Smart Hub? Is it wired directly? Or via powerline adapters?
Message 3 of 24

Hi Darren
It's wired directly ,ethernet cable
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 24

In which case, this isn't going to be an easy one to diagnose.
Your best bet would be to try a factory reset of the box first. If no change, give the helpdesk a call and they'll run through some diagnostics before then raising it with the back end team who can run advanced diagnostics on the connection between your box and the internet.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 24

Darren.
Thanks,.i'll try the reset & hope it sorts it.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 24

I've reset the box.Lots of blue sky here at the moment,currently no interference on any BBC or ITV channels or the TNT sports.When the weather acts up will let yo know if the TNT sport channels are ok unless there is a way to determine that they are being received via the internet.During the box set up it did say that any EE subscriptions were being set up.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 24

TNT Sports channels are always delivered via the internet. If the weather also affects the TNT Sports channels then that would be a broadband fault.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 24

OK,so what does that mean " broadband fault "
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 24

Just to add that the weather has never affected the sports channels in the past.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 24

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Hopefully it won't happen
0 Ratings