cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

No Atmos on Netflix

I don’t seem to have the Atmos option on Netflix content but I do get it on BT Sport channels when broadcasting Atmos events.  I have the Netflix package that gives me Atmos on other devices not on my Pro box however.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: No Atmos on Netflix

@sstixe 

Just to clarify, you have one Netflix subscription, which provides Atmos, and when you watch it on other devices, you get Atmos. But when you watch it on the Pro box, you don’t get Atmos?

And where is it you are seeing, or not seeing Atmos indicated; on the screen of an AV amp, for instance, or what?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Thanks for the reply.  I can see Atmos both as an option and being received on my Denon amp on another device Apple TV or my LGTV.  When accessing the same Netflix account on my Pro box the only option for sound on content I know has an Atmos soundtrack is Dolby 5.1

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

@sstixe 

According to Netflix Help Centre, selected titles should deliver Dolby Atmos via the BT/EE Pro Box.

Assuming the box audio output is set to ‘Surround’ and the title clearly displays Dolby Atmos as available, then it should play.

Can you just check the visual output for the Pro Box is set UHD 10bit as well as Netflix doesn’t offer HDR without it. I doubt it will impact sound but stranger things have happened at sea…

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

@stereohaven thanks for your response all settings are as suggested I just don’t get the option on Netflix of Dolby Atmos I have tried signing in and out of the app but no difference.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Do you mean the 'Atmos' icon isnt there on on the summary of the title you are trying to watch via the Netflix app on the EETV Box? You know when it has all the tags there like 'Dolby Vision', '4K' etc etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@sstixe 

To what @stereohaven says, I would add making sure that the HDMI port in use is set to Deep Colour, or Enhanced, or whatever your TV and/or the Denon call it. (The BBC iPlayer wouldn’t offer me UHD until I did that, both from a Roku Stick+ on a Samsung TV, and from a Box Mini on an LG, so it seems to be very much a BBC thing, rather than a device thing, and I wonder if Netflix has a similar quirk).

As you say, 
@stereohaven, this shouldn’t affect audio, but these apps may well be thinking that unless the device they are talking to can do the best video, they won’t offer the best audio 😢

I did find going up from 8 bit to 10 bit made the lurid EE yellow a bit less lurid in Settings, though it didn’t seem to affect the colour balance of actual programming.

@sstixe 

As for other considerations, my question would be - what’s different? Can other apps provide Atmos on the device where Netflix doesn’t? If so, that pretty much pins it to a Netflix-on-this-device problem.

Or is the Pro box connected to the TV, and the devices that do give Atmos are connected to the Denon, or vice versa?

Can you take the HDMI lead off a device that is giving Atmos, plug it into the Pro box, and see if you then get Atmos? This will eliminate any possible cable or port differences there may be in the setup.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

When surround mode is enabled I thought the box outputs DD+ no matter what live channel you are using, so when watching TNT Sports Ultimate for example the AV will still show DD+ in the same way it will for ITV, if there is Dolby Atmos imbedded into it the AVR wont tell you, itll just always show DD+.

In the Netflix app doesnt everything just punt out as DD+ also?

When you say 'option' what do you mean?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

I have the same issue.

My Denon AVR will display Atmos when it is being presented in the DD signal. I get Atmos for the ultimate channel when it is present and in the EETV player on films I have purchased ‘dune 2’ for example.

I also get Atmos tag in the Netflix app on my LGTV and Apple TV for a programme say ‘axel f’. On the pro box app I have had the tag change between 5.1 and Spatial Audio. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

I should probably pay more attention, my AVR is behind a 'meshed' metal door so you cant really see it, I have a Denon so @scointer when you watch TNT Sports Ultimate it changes from DD+ to Atmos yeah?

0 Ratings