cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

No channels in internet mode on BT bpro box.

Hi, Am i ciorect in saying you can use the pro box in internet mode without any subscriptions?  I factory reset it and set it up just using a wired connection but i cant use any channels? Every channel i press it says 'you need to set up bbc one hd or add it to your package' says the same for every channel? Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No channels in internet mode on BT bpro box.

Not correct. Without an EE TV subscription, you'll be required to return the box. The TV Box Pro is not for sale - they're only provided as part of an active subscription.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Okay, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@Funbobby1000 

Did you become the ‘unregistered keeper’ (as you can’t own it) of one of these boxes off the interweb or some other shady place?

It will work perfectly well in Aerial Mode, and do what any YouView box will do for someone who doesn’t have EE TV, and maybe not even BT or EE Broadband.

But if you got it as part of an EE TV subscription you didn’t continue, maybe didn’t even proceed with, then yes, you must send it back, or pay a non-return fee. Which still doesn’t make it yours 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Yes I got it on ebay (probably), I am actually with BT internet right enough, box is very strange, I have restored it several times, set it up on aerial mode and internet mode, the last time all the HD channels disappeared (on aerial mode but on a internet wired connection too) so I pulled the ethernet cable out of the back and they appeared again? !!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

How long have you had it? Does the remote control  have EE or BT at the top? Also does the search button have a magnifying glass or microphone icon? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@Funbobby1000 

I take it you mean Factory Reset?

Factory Reset with an aerial cable plugged in - Aerial Mode.

Factory Reset with no aerial cable plugged in - IP Mode.

The latter, as you have discovered, is no use to you.

While it’s always possible that the box would sense an aerial connection electrically, I suspect the rules are actually:-

Factory Reset with an aerial cable plugged in and TV channels detected - Aerial Mode.

Factory Reset with no aerial cable plugged in, or no TV channels detected - IP Mode.

The YouView tuning process is a bit opaque - it doesn’t tell you what’s going on - but I believe it finds SD channels first, and then HD ones, so if you interrupt the process, you may wind up with the HD channels missing. Or maybe this would be enough to tip the box back into IP Mode?

Was the box you bought brand new - did you have to pull a protector strip out of the back of the remote to activate it?

Though either way, keep your eye on it, as it could be faulty.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

A couple of days, BT and magnifying glass. I got rid of my Humax box because they dropped support for their app, to use that I have a evolve 2 universal remote than thankfully works well with the BT box too apart from it not letting me input new macros, trying to get a macro to work that would make the epg automatically go to HD channels when guide is pressed.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

No its second hand, I had all the channels last night, SD and HD but like I said on another post I was trying to get my universal remote to accept a macro that would make the epg start on the HD channels (101 etc) instead of the SD channels 001 etc, save me pressing a button several times to get away from the SD channels, again, I will probably end up hiding a load of channels just to do this. I will check it again later if I cant get it to do what I want someone could well be getting it returned and I will see if Sky would be kind enough to give me a deal on multiroom 😉

0 Ratings