cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No fast forward

What is the point in BT TV if you cannot skip adverts when recording ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No fast forward

If you have an aerial, switch over to aerial mode. Then you should be able to FF through recorded adverts again!

Switching over means that your login details for on demand apps and well as recordings will be wiped, and you will go through setup again, but it's worth it to get out of this greedy and scummy decision.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@c64z86 

It used to be that you could actually switch in and out of IP mode with just a ‘keep recordings’ reset, but there were one or two odd corner cases, so BT TV decided not to publicise this, rather than have to document it.

So you might want to try that, see how it goes.

Always assuming that BT TV haven’t closed that avenue down as a ‘loophole’, of course.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

How do you do that? The only option I can find is the option where recordings are wiped.

Message 5 of 8

"switch in and out of IP mode with just a ‘keep recordings’ reset" How might one do that, please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@DJDools 

Alas, I can no longer point you to the YouView Community post where this was described, and possibly the option has been closed off anyway. But if BT/EE can pop me round a Pro box, I’ll have a dig around 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Midnight_Voice  I believe it is  performing a factory reset keeping recordings (using the box Pro reset button  NOT the menu) as described in

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

(click on the box pro image to see the reset using button instructions)

So if you have no aerial connected to the box before you start the factory reset (keeping recordings) you get the Ip Mode setup. 

Haven’t personally gone through this process for a while.

Message 8 of 8

@Midnight_Voice

Thank you, regardless.
0 Ratings