cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Now TV on BT TV box - change account?

Hello,

I have a Now TV account which is linked to my BT account but I no longer use that account and would like to use a different one. 

If I use the Now TV app on the BT box I can log out of the linked NOW TV account and log in to another NOW TV account....but when I go back next time it always reverts to the linked account.

Is it possible to permanently change the linked account? That way I believe I would also be able to access to NOW TV channels through the EPG.

Thanks for reading - any replies appreciated

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Now TV on BT TV box - change account?

I believe it pulls through the log in details from the BT servers by default and you can only access the NowTV channels via the BT TV EPG via a NowTV taken through BT TV subscription.

If you subscribe directly through NowTV, you can't access the channels via the BT TV EPG.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Access to the NOW channels on the EPG is only for customers who have subscribed via BT TV. It’s not possible to change that. It’s linked to your broadband connection.  I’m currently watching the Celtic match by using my direct account with NOW and having to login every time just like you are. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@Brucemeister5 

Depending on how annoying that is to you, it may be worth getting a Roku or Amazon device, and putting the direct Now login for Sports on that, as I don’t think BT will reach out and change the details on one of those.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I had this problem too but managed to get around it by watching my NOW tv using my NOW tv App without going through the box. Then when I want to watch football on Sky Sports I watch via the STB. So, if for example, I take out a NOW tv offer for a few months then the box is redundant. It's a bit of a faff but it works for me.

I Cannot watch football using the TV app as the frame rate fiasco is nauseating.

Message 6 of 10

Thanks all,

I had a feeling there wouldn't be much I could do

I can use the NOW TV app on my TV, so I'll probably just stick with that....

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

@Midnight_Voice I’ve got a Fire Stick and a couple of other devices that I could watch Sky Sports on with my direct account. However,  I find the picture quality to be better when watching via the NOW app on the BT Pro tv box, so I’m prepared to put up with the inconvenience of having to login each time, as I’m paying a lot less than I would if I subscribed via BT TV. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

@dukinfieldwrote:

Is it possible to permanently change the linked account?

Yes you can, a de-link and re-link is handled by an offline team, frontline can raise a referral to have it changed.
Only the account holder can request this, the offline team will get in touch to process.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Presumably this would only address the issue of which account is linked to the NOW app on the BT TV box, but would not make the channels available via the EPG.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@Brucemeister5wrote:

Presumably this would only address the issue of which account is linked to the NOW app on the BT TV box, but would not make the channels available via the EPG.

Only the passes billed by BT would be available on the EPG, if the OP had no passes billed by BT, then there would be no need to change the email address as no services would be active to update.

0 Ratings