cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Paired BT remote, having a few problems

Go to solution

I have paired my BT remote to my Sony Bratvia, and are having issues. The only buttons that work are the volume buttons. There is no settings button on the remote, so I can’t open them, there is no Source button either. I effectively have just a volume adjuster. 
@DarrenDev Please help

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Paired BT remote, having a few problems

Go to solution
I have reset and put the 4985 code in numerous times, to no avail
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
There's a TV/AV button in the top right corner of the remote - this should change source. There's also a TV power button in the top left, which should turn your TV on/off.
There's no button for bringing up your TV settings - you need to use your original TV remote for that.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@Zhyph3R 

As @DarrenDev says. The remotes supplied have always had very little control over the TV with volume, input source and ON/OFF being the only ones.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

For some reason the TV button only changes the channels to the next channel and my TV/AV doesn’t turn it off

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
That's strange, however there's nothing else that can be done. Sony only offer a single code to use for pairing - if that doesn't work, then you'll just need to use your TV remote.
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

If this is a new TV then it may be worth doing some detective work to see if it really is a Sony. Increasingly, major manufacturers are delegating production of lower end sets to the likes of Vestel, who simply slap a new badge on it.