cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Phone number puzzle

On Monday April 25th we changed Tv, broadband and landline from Sky to BT. We’ve just discovered that anyone trying to ring us since then can’t but we can ring out. Technical checks made tono avail. Having got hold of a live person we were told we had been given a new number “..because Sky haven’t released your old one”. Checked with Sky and was told this was simply not true and that the issue is between BT and Open Reach. Our old number is important to us. The person I spoke to said he would try and sort it but he was going on leave for two weeks……….

How do I get our old number back?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Phone number puzzle

was your old number first issued to you by BT?  have you been moved to digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I think it must have been we've had it for over thirty years. I don't think we've been moved over - I certainly didn't request that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If you have had the number for 30 years and you were a Sky customer , then obviously the number was ported to Sky from BT at some point in the past, when retrieving a number that was ported ( so returning the number to the original number range holder ) it does need action from the losing provider otherwise incoming calls can be affected….

If you call your mobile from the BT ‘line’ is the correct number displayed on the mobile ?, if it is then BT have re provided the correct number and the chances are calls made by BT customers will get through , but calls from Sky customers and potentially other networks may not get through, as those calls enter Skys network but are not redirected back to BT, however it’s still BT that need to chase Sky on your behalf, if you call your mobile and it’s not the number you expect, then that’s a different issue.

0 Ratings