cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Pink screen then hard disk spin down when turning on

I have an ongoing issue whereby when I turn on the BT TV box by holding down the BT button on the remote until the TV comes up as well shows a nice pink screen on the TV. Both the BT light and the purple remote received light stay on the box and the BT box proceeds to reboot itself after a couple of minutes after a lovely spinning down sound of the hard disk.

My first call was to help, who rebooted it remotely which did not make any difference and suggested a new box.

My second help was an engineer who said he needs to first do a clean install of the latest software before box replacement but as this problem only appears after the box has been off for a while didn't exhibit the symptoms after he had done that - despite him seeing the pink screen and problem first hand!

So, next engineer has been advised to replace - wonder if he will or the message will get through that he needs to.

Really disappointing service as the Pro box was one of the reasons I signed up.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pink screen then hard disk spin down when turning on

I have the same issue periodically, and replacing my BT Pro Box hasn’t resolved it - did you find a permanent solution to this…?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I had the same problem, even had the box replaced by BT and the problem still occurred (pink screen on startup when turning both the BT TV Pro and TV on with the BT remote). The only way I have found to rectify this is to turn the TV on FIRST via it's own remote then turn the BT box on. I've never had the pink screen doing it this way. 

I think that the tuner in the Box can't startup fast enough sometimes so it can't perform the handshake with the TV which causes it to display the pink screen. 

My TV is a Samsung UE43AU8000KXXU and I never had this problem with any of the Sky boxes I had. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I've experienced the same problem. I'm now on my third BT Pro box and the same issue has started again over the last few weeks. Seems to happen when the box has been switched off for a period of time. Really poor experience. 

0 Ratings