cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Pixelated channels

I've only had BT broadband (150MBPS) for around 4 weeks and after week 2 suffered failure - it was fluctuating between 1 - 90 MBPS. I called the helpline and they diagnosed the line into the house. The engineer arrived and determined the line in was ok and recommmended a new router. That has now been fitted but I still see the signal fluctuate between the full 150 down to around 50 MBPS.

All apps etc appear to work, although my phone did go slow last night, but I have pixelated tv channels.On my main box I have quite a few ranging from SD sports to HD sports plus some others, on my additional box (no aerial) I am currently looking at BBC1 which is pixelated, yet BBC 2 and ITV are fine.

I've reset both boxes, reset my router and even tried a new CAT 6 cable from the wall to the router.

Any other suggestions before I call to get it looked at again please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Pixelated channels

Forgot to add I have used ethernet and wifi for connection to the pro box. The hardwired connection was actually worse before I reset, but I havent tried it again since. The additional box is over wifi and only approx 4m from the router.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Morning @Stanleyb41 thanks for posting. I've had a quick look at your box info and there's a huge amount of packet loss on both the TV Box Pro and the Mini Box showing as connected to your hub which is where the pixelation is coming from, suggesting a common factor. I'm going to get some checks done on your broadband next.

There doesn't seem to be any Wi-Fi contention on the 5Ghz channel from the hub itself so it's likely there's something else causing interference on the Wi-Fi connection.

If you have any LED lights or other electrical devices in immediate vicinity, it would be worth switching them off just to check if that improves things. Also please try connecting either box to the hub using the supplied ethernet or other cat6 cable and I can check again for you. 

thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It was all fine for the first 2 weeks so nothing in the vicinity is interfering that I am aware of.

The boxes are too far awy from the hub as that is in my kitchen above the untis, however I have a cat6 cable running to my living room whcih goes to the pro box - as my earlier post it was worse via the cable than wifi but this was ONLY after I put the new hub in.

Lastly, please do NOT do anything which would take down my connection at all as my wife is on calls, working from home.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

The Pro box is actually hardwired right now. TNT Sports 2 is on and pixelated.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

great stuff. thanks for doing that and duly noted on the non-intrusive tests. thanks for setting to TNT sports, we'll do some monitoring on that and the hub to see where the issue might be coming from. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings