cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT Pro Box - End of programmes cut off when recording

This is infuriating!  Happens to me all the time, even on BBC.  Switched from Virgin where you could add a custom amount of time at the beginning and end to all recordings as default.  Puts me off recording anything, the end is the most important part.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Both boxes on VirginMedia have a default padding which you can set so all recordings extend by x minutes - but they will not automatically extended.  You can add up to 3 hours.

BT and Sky do not offer manual padding but use the channels own update to schedules if running late - but it is nowhere near 100% accurate as sometimes the new end time does not get to the boxes in time.

@mairetheresawrote:

This is infuriating!  Happens to me all the time, even on BBC.  Switched from Virgin where you could add a custom amount of time at the beginning and end to all recordings as default.  Puts me off recording anything, the end is the most important part.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

@mairetheresa 

The Youview boxes have been around , in different guises , for many years now & the most requested feature has been the ability to add padding to start & end times but the response has always been that AR (Accurate Recording) based on the signal sent by the broadcaster for the start of the programme to be recorded and the start of the next programme to end the recording.

As we know with experience this is not good enough.