cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 37

Recording Failed (Scheduling Error)

Generally the BTEE TV Box Pro has been great and never failed me. Every now and then I record football games on Sky and TNT when I can’t see them live. It’s never failed.

I was unable to watch the United vs Liverpool game live at the weekend so I recorded it but upon sitting down excited after managing to avoid any score update the recording had failed. No real error, just said ‘Scheduling Error’. Gutted.

It was being recorded from Sky Sports Main Event and the scheduled recording still said 1430-1730 which is correct but it just failed to record. It was the only thing being recorded at that time and no one was using the box.

I hope it’s a one off, I have a young daughter and can’t always catch games live when life gets in the way and I rely on the recordings a lot.

Anyone know why this happened for this recording? None of my others failed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37

Re: Recording Failed (Scheduling Error)

Hi @naylor2006 thanks for reporting this.

I had a quick check and oddly we have no event data between 06:30 and 20:01 which I guess is when you woke the TV Box up and settled down to watch the game? It looks like the box was either switched off or wasn't able to see the broadband connection and hence didn't make the recording as you expected. Hopefully you were still able to watch it on one of the catch up programmes. Feel free to drop me a line if you are still seeing issues on any other services though.

thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 37

Hi David.

I managed to download it actually from somewhere in the end, which was a relief as there was no other way to watch it via NOW or catch up....

My broadband was up during the entire period, I use that thinkbroadband monitor and there were no drops or dips in connection. And it definitely wasnt on around 630 either, was there some black out on my box or something was there?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 37

Hi that's interesting. Can I check if you are using a Smart Hub 2 on the line or another VDSL router?

Your box is in Always On mode, so while around 06:30 was in standby it did wake to run a software and app check - those timer events shouldn't wake the TV via HDMI though. 

Doesn't seem that IP address changed  either so the BB didn't drop (looks like a FTTP line?) but the lack of any log data at suggests a failure to see any end point connection which suggests a connectivity issue somewhere even if the BB didn't drop. 

We have seen regular box events since with no obvious gaps so it look like some transient issue but please do keep an eye on things and let me know if you see anything untoward.

Regards

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 37

I dont use the Hub2, I use my own Ubiquity gear utilising an IGMP proxy, I dont expect you to troubleshoot that. But yeah its FTTP 900/110 from the ONT into my own gear.

Having said that though its been bang on for weeks, all my recordings have worked on various channels, including the mammoth FA Cup game between United and Liverpool, it even recorded all the extra time etc.... 

Yeah I set the box for always on mode, the TV wasnt used at all that day until I sat down to watch my recording of the game...well the lack of. If I had to put money on it maybe the box went into some sort of failed state until I powered it on in the evening.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 37

I have a series link recording set up  for Game of the Day on Sky Sports Premier League which failed last Saturday evening. It’s not repeated or available on catch up which is the reason I have it on series link.

Message 7 of 37

There must have been a generalised issue then surely with NOW channels, or maybe the sports NOW channels?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 37

Hi i have been getting Scheduling errors a lot for nearly two weeks now. Its mainly on internet channels but i have also had it on ITV too. BT put it down to recording too many programmes at once but it has also happened on a single recording too and also on Sky Witness too with one program at 9pm and the next on the same channel at 10pm. My Pro box is connected by ethernet cable to my BT Smart Hub 2 and freeview channels through an aerial.

Message 9 of 37

My box is in purely internet mode only....I cant say I record a ton but definitely everything has worked so far from BBC, ITV, NowSports and TNT Sports, this SS Main Event game was the first failed one I got.

Message 10 of 37

Hi, I've had a look at our data for Sunday across all the Now Sport channels but saw no generalised issues and the programme crid data shows expected peak viewing during game time.

Given the lack of any reported data from the box during the day time viewing hours, I can only assume some localised problem but am still checking any geo-specific network incidents, although that being the case we would have expected to see alarms from IPC6023 rates increase which didn't flag. Sorry not to have a better answer at the moment but let's keep an eye on upcoming events and check we don't have any recurrence.

Regards

David