cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Recording randomly stopped recording midway through

Recording several sports shows today, including Villa v Tottenham. Trying to squeeze in as much as possible around the can-only-record-2-sports-channels-at-a-time limitation. I was watching the recording behind the live coverage of Villa v Tottenham, and upon getting partway through I foudn that the recording had randomly stopped recording, meaning I missed 17 minutes of the match. Fortunately, it's not been a very good game and I didn't miss a goal, but I'm sure the next time I have this issue, I will miss something rather better. Unfortunately I'm rather fed up with the succession of bugs, glitches and failures with these boxes - the underlying technology is clearly not capable of handling any vaguely complex requests that a user might put it through.

Also, I've still had no help regarding the occasional picture failures which can only be resolved with a total box restart (picture attached)ResizedBTBoxIssue.jpg

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Recording randomly stopped recording midway through

Can't help with recordings stopping short other than to say that this is where the Discovery+ streaming service comes into its own which lets you chase-play live coverage as well as catch up on earlier coverage. I use a Chromecast dongle to use the D+ app which means I can watch on my big TV rather on a small screen phone or tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

That's only an option for BT / Eurosport, not Sky. Even then, I used this last night for the MotoGP sprint race (which was held about 6 hours earlier) and the timeline was full of spoilers, feels pretty dumb to have it active for points of program that you haven't yet reached.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@MartinJSUK I’ve had that happen to me when I’ve tried to chase play a sports recording. I haven’t tried to chase play for ages, but I will give it a go on the MNF tomorrow night and see whether the recording terminates prematurely. 

Message 5 of 6

@MartinJSUKYep. The timeline markers can be a problem. Have to learn to cover the timeline with one hand while tabbing to the option to turn the markers off.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

My recording of the MNF did not end prematurely. I did a bit of chase play up until kick off but have not watched right up until the end of the recording. The whole 4 hours and 30 minutes is there though. We do lots of chase play with much shorter recordings, but I do remember some of my sports recordings randomly cutting out in the past.

0 Ratings